среда, 11 марта 2015 г.

Something that was particularly disturbing to me was when Carmen ran-away from her step-mother to-be


We all remember watching (and loving) The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants when we were young. The timeless message of friendship, love, adventure, etc. appeals transatlantic europe cruises to everyone’s heart. Some things, however, don’t always look the same when you look at them through older lenses. I recently watched this ’05 coming of age film again, and there were a few things that I just couldn t get over.
First of all, let’s talk about the pants themselves. There is no way (and I mean NO WAY) that all four of those girls could fit in the same pair of jeans. Just talking about height, Blake Lively, who plays the sporty Bridget, is 5’10 while feisty Carmen, played by America Ferrera, is only 5’1. I don’t know about you, but I at 5’2 would have no chance of fitting (comfortably) into Lively’s jeans without rolling up them multiple times. Bottom line, that pair of blue jeans would definitely have to be magical for Ferrera to fit in.
As a female athlete, the fact that Bridget was always running with her hair down especially bothered me. If I had Bridget’s gorgeous long, blond hair I would want to wear it down all the time too, but not while sprinting on the beach or playing soccer in the burning hot sun of Mexico. Even when she had her hair in a ponytail, her bangs were completely let loose. I’m sorry, but there is no way that she would have been able to go on a seven mile run or play a whole soccer game with her hair like that. Also I’m no Blake Lively, but my hair has never looked that good after playing a game or going for a run.
Speaking of Mexico, I also didn t understand how three sixteen-year-olds got into a Mexican Cantina (with easily accessible alcohol) while their camp counselors (minus the one Bridget ended up making out with later…) were sitting there in plain sight. Even if it is Mexico, this seemed like a bit of a stretch.
Let’s talk about that one camp counselor, Eric. To begin, let’s talk about the fact that he is in college, definitely older than eighteen, but ends up on the beach with the sixteen-year-old Bridget doing whatever your imagination leads you to believe. You’d think that the other camp counselors would have intervened when the two of them were dancing in that same cantina… but then again, these were the same ones that didn’t notice that three of the sixteen-year-olds they had spent days with were in a bar.
Something that was particularly disturbing to me was when Carmen ran-away from her step-mother to-be’s dress fitting and then took a cab home just to find her father and his new family eating dinner transatlantic europe cruises like nothing had happened. I would hope that if I ran-away and still weren’t home by dark my parents would be out looking for me, calling my phone non-stop, or other drastic activities until they found me. I would have liked to see the conversation before they sat down to eat.
Have you ever watched a movie, which you haven’t transatlantic europe cruises seen since you were young, and while you were trying to enjoy the movie, the logical part of you was asking, “What were they thinking?” Or, “this would never happen in real life.” If so, let me know in the comments below.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий