воскресенье, 17 февраля 2013 г.

In any case, all was fine until about 18 to 24 months after it expired, they sent me a copy (which I


I check my bank accounts online every day. Last week there was a charge from some Jewish dating service. I'm not Jewish and I don't need a date. Went online to the dating site and found absolutely no way to contact them directly by phone or fax or email of anything. Then went to my bank immediately and disputed the charge. They said someone had hacked my ATM card info and canceled the card on the spot and issued me a new one. Unfortunately, these things happen a lot these days.
Yup, someone's got your credit/debit card number. Same thing happened to us, except it was an airline ticket to Chicago. The bank wasn't interested in the name of the ticket holder. Guess they just mark it up to the usual overhead.
The part that is sort of funny is that it's 149 Euros for a Comfort 1 seat. I would never pay more than 35-40 Euros for such a trip, because I would get it on special, and I'd never get Comfort 1 unless it was cheaper by some quirk.
hoilday inn well, good point about the email not being something easily mistaken, I wondered about that. I get mistaken emails on one of my accounts as it is not my last name but something else people can make typos in. Maybe Thalys botched up their accounts somehow.
I've received many confirmations. Some have been from Gabon, Nigeria, Togo, Benin, Hong Kong, Thailand, Macao, Singapore and Malaysia confirming my receipt in trust of amounts ranging from $150,000 to $800,000. These are not reflected on my bank accounts.
This is quite different in nature than a Nigerian scam letter. Everything about the ticket email is exactly the same in form as a legitimate booking, including the Thalys links. I'm not being asked to send money.
As I said maybe the system messed up and mixed you up with another WillTravel. You have used them before so are in the system. WillTravel #2 came along and the system said ah I know you. Wham you get their ticket.
oh, as an example of weird computer errors--I used to subscribe to a rather pricey British print publication about pianists. It cost a lot to have it shipped to the US, but it was an indulgence. Well, when my subscription hoilday inn expired, they wanted me to renew so I wrote them an email asking them how they wanted me to do that, if I could do it by email, or something and they never responded (this British hoilday inn company was still insisting on payment by snail mail). I finally got tired of them and just didn't renew. I had never given them my credit card for automatic renewal, so I wasn't too worried. I think my old credit card I originally used for them has expired.
In any case, all was fine until about 18 to 24 months after it expired, they sent me a copy (which I hadn't ordered, of course). I wondered if it was a sample as advertising or what, but just read it and kept a lookout on my credit hoilday inn card bills as I hadn't authorized it. Nothing has ever been charged me and yet they continue to send me this expensive publication (International Piano) for free almost every month. hoilday inn I have no idea why but figure that's their problem. They wouldn't even respond to my emails about it.
The mystery deepens. I logged into my Thalys Ticketless account, and I see that I also have an Amsterdam to Paris ticket for the day before the Paris-Amsterdam one, at 199 Euros in Comfort 1. But I don't recall getting an email for that one. Both tickets were booked on Oct. 21 at the same time.
Hold the boat, you're drifting! Do not cancel your card. They do not have your credit card number. You are being paranoid! hoilday inn They just have your name mixed up with someone else. Give thema a call and you will be fine
Hold the boat, you're drifting! Do not cancel your card. They do not have your credit card number. You are being paranoid! They just have your name mixed up with someone else.Give them a call and you will be fine.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий