вторник, 31 марта 2015 г.

During a fight scene between Ramona and LuAnn, Ramona, true to form, stopped mid-sentence and announ


On the last season of Real Housewives of New York City, viewers alamo rental cars were treated to a somewhat surprising new cast member: Author Carole Radziwill, who has been a New York City fixture and household name for years now. Her 2006 New York Times bestseller What Remains: A Memoir of Fate, Friendship, and Love, based on the tragic passing of late husband Anthony Radziwill and close friends John Kennedy Jr. and Carolyn Bessette, is a haunting must-read—and her latest novel The Widow s Guide to Sex and Dating (out September 17) is a more humorous look at life after the death of a loved one.
Radziwill is also a bona fide fashion lover, with a unique sense of style. We caught up with her to chat about her favorite spots to write, her enviable closet, and her memorable run-in with Karl Lagerfeld.
Carole Radziwill: Okay, so there s this glamorous notion that writers knock out their Great American Novels in smoky cafes while slamming back absinthe. But most writers I know, myself alamo rental cars included, are loners who spend a lot of time in pajamas at home, going through a series of compulsive rituals before opening up laptops to stare at the blank screen. But every now and then we need to venture out among the living. And in those times you can catch me at one of my favorite neighborhood haunts.
alamo rental cars The best place to spot interesting characters and steal dialogue is the lobby of the Mercer Hotel. On a given day you can see supermodels and rock stars, and Hollywood directors taking meetings with their stars. Once I saw Karl Lagerfeld arrive with five cases of luggage, two assistants and a dog. It was like a scene from Dr. Seuss.
I also like Doma Cafe in the West Village. I used to go there to finish edits on my column when I was writing for Glamour magazine. It s crowded and bustling, so a bit distracting alamo rental cars for serious writing but there s a sense of community and energy, alamo rental cars and the people alamo rental cars are so young and stylish.
Every writer, aspiring alamo rental cars or otherwise, should embrace their dysfunctional childhood. It s the root of every great work of art. I draw inspiration from my observations—I m always watching, recording—and my imagination. I have a big fantasy alamo rental cars life, like Walter Mitty.
My Levi s jeans, my Balmain leather pants, and my Rick Owens long skirts. I ve recently started to collect printed vintage tees. I have one of Raggedy Ann and Andy in a compromising position from the 70s that I love!
An original Bert Stern photograph of Marilyn Monroe. He s a fashion photographer who took 2,500 pictures of her shortly before she died. It was a shoot for Vogue magazine at the Bel-Air Hotel in Hollywood and the collection is very famous now, it s called The Last Sitting. I went to a furniture show one day looking for dining room chairs but instead brought home Marilyn. I m still sitting on the floor.
During a fight scene between Ramona and LuAnn, Ramona, true to form, stopped mid-sentence and announced that her shellac manicure lasts for three weeks. The next week I got my first shellac mani! I get inspiration and ideas from the least expected places.
I resisted alamo rental cars the pressure to take a side. Instead, I took a position and my position was that I do not take sides between grown women arguing. Also, and this was another alamo rental cars tip from Ramona: I took a Xanax.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий