вторник, 29 января 2013 г.

We may see our full sized 1/2 tons slowly morph into 9/10th global sized trucks. How else are they g


4. Today I received a newsletter from SEMA informing its members of three upcoming "measuring sessions" involving the Toyota Hilux. At a measuring session, aftermarket product producers get to examine new vehicles to assure that products they hope to develop will fit right and perform spain hotels properly.
Back in Arizona, where most of my driving involves spain hotels testing new vehicles, my Frontier spain hotels spends much of its time inside my garage. And despite many excursions into the dusty desert and onto rocky mountain spain hotels trails, the truck's spain hotels paint remains in excellent condition for a vehicle of its age and mileage. I've also tried to keep the interior relatively clean. In a nutshell, my truck looks so good that people often are surprised when they learn how old it is.
My Frontier has remained mechanically sound, too. Arizona's hot weather is hard on batteries and air-conditioning components, but other than the typical brake job and such, the truck has spent little time in mechanics' care.
Nonetheless, I have a decision to make: At 200,000 miles, my Frontier will need a new timing belt, which will cost, as I recall, between spain hotels $1,200 and $1,800. Do I make that investment in my truck and its aging technology and components, or should I consider replacing it with something newer and more up to date? And if I choose the latter, what vehicle should I pick?
Nissan still makes the Frontier, but it's a larger vehicle than mine. The Frontier, just like the Amarok, Ranger and Hilux, is a compact pickup truck. But the new Frontier, just like the new Toyota Tacoma, Chevrolet Colorado and recently departed Dodge Dakota, has become a so-called intermediate-size spain hotels vehicle — longer, wider and taller, and nearly as long, wide and tall as their full-sized siblings. But if I wanted a truck that's longer, wider and taller than mine, I'd buy an F-150, Silverado, Ram, Titan or Tundra. Why did automakers turn their backs on the compact-pickup buyer, at least in this country?
Sure, I'd appreciate a little more interior space than what my 13-year-old crew cab affords. However, my truck's overall dimensions are just the right size for me, and if I need more room in the bed, I simply flip down the tailgate and flop over the bed extender. And since I'm 5-foot-8, I can easily spain hotels reach into my truck's bed. On the other hand, I need a step stool or even a stepladder to access the bed of the intermediate or full-size pickups I've test-driven, and some of those are so long they won't fit into my garage.
You might have noticed I haven't spain hotels mentioned anything about the Frontier's powertrain. My truck has a 3.3-liter V-6 that, when new, made 170 horsepower and 200 pounds-feet of torque. It's equipped with a four-speed automatic transmission and available four-wheel drive. In typical driving, spain hotels I average between 19 and 21 mpg.
In the years since I bought my truck, Nissan has updated the Frontier's V-6 engine to 4.0 liters, 261 hp and 281 pounds-feet of torque. It's larger and more powerful, and the newer engine and updated transmission make the Frontier cleaner and more fuel efficient. I'd like more power -- for climbing mountain highways out West and for the times I need to attach something to my truck's trailer hitch receiver -- and another gear or two would mean even better fuel economy. So where does all of this leave me? (And please don't make me wait for an answer from a Chinese automaker.)
My guess is that there are a lot of folks out there who, like me, want or need a compact pickup. And they see all of these wonderfully designed new compacts being developed overseas that aren't available in the U.S.
I m overdue to replace my 2001 S10, stretch cab, 4wd. It replaced my 1991 S10, stretch cab, 4wd. It replaced my 1981 VW pickup (I use the term loosely). Do you see a pattern spain hotels here? For those planning wizzards who think I ll just go with an eco-something, forget spain hotels it. They won t fit in the garage, and if they do, you can t putz around at the same time. Bet the durability of an engine with boosted intake / combustion pressures will last as long as their naturally aspirated brethren also (NOT!!!). While BF ugly on the outside, the Ridgeline is looking better and better.
One of the last truly compact pick-ups you could buy was the now-departed Ranger. It was a capable little truck, albeit one that required you liked stepping back in time. I was tempted to get one, if only to be able to get a new vehicle not loaded down with a ton of electronic stuff . But it was one of the last compact trucks that was actually spain hotels compact here in North America. It had its quirks (like those side-mounted jump seats which gave it a ridiculous amount of rear legroom on paper, and back spasms spain hotels in reality), but it was simple, and it was small.
There is still a pair of small trucks available in North America: the GMC Canyon/Chevy Colorado. Dimensionally, they are similar to your Frontier (they re longer, spain hotels but narrower). But they do offer more power and better mileage that the 2000 Frontier.
I m curious why you do not consider the Toyota Tacoma as an option? Though I m in agreement spain hotels with your article. I want something for my kids to drive in a few years and it would be great to have a new Ranger or New Colorado very soon.
What amazed me about the Tacoma and I had never realised this before is if you take all of the body panels off of it, it is a generation older than our Hilux. Just look at the rake on the windshield and the vehicle overall.
Toyota is right now developing a new Hilux, which could be 2 generations newer than the Tacoma. When I say new I don t just mean new body panels. It is supposed to be out in the near future to compete against the T6 Ranger/BT50, Amarok and General Motors/Izuzu Colorado. The current Hilux is below par against these new rivals (maybe not the Colorado from what I ve read).
there is a new compact truck on the dealers lot right now, but for some reason, (not sure why) the people in the know? don t think very highly of it, the Chevrolet Colorado GMC Canyon! I perosonaly don t own one, but the people I do know that have one love them! the 4cld get good 20+mpg, and have room for 5, and one friend has a reg cab 4X4 5cyld. and he gets 20city 24hyw! and the truck screws! go like hell on the beach, and has yet to get stuck in the mud (not to deep though) but is great in the snow and is comfy, it actualy has more room than my Dakota reg cab. none of them have had any problems with there trucks, I have no idea where Consumer reports come up with there dismal predictions or serv. but these are nice small trucks, and they seem to be selling well also, Ford made a big mistake giving up on there small trucks in America. That leaves GM to fill in the gap with the new Colorado Canyon, but I m not to keen on the new style, I m sure they have loads of improvements but they are not looking like trucks anymore. The toyota taco is a good truck, but they are the size of the full size allmost, from 30yrs ago, they even weigh what over 4,000lbs? spain hotels maybe not the 2X4 reg cab but all the others do exp. the Crew Cab 4X4!
Secondly, spain hotels it has an underpowered 4 and you think it is doing well when it gets 20/24? The new Ram 1500 with the Pentastar V6 is going to get close to those numbers, and is larger and outweighs the Colorado by 1000 lbs.
Yes, seriously, smaller trucks is a declinining market but GM and Ford are working on replacements. The fact of the matter is when people have a need for a pickup (hauling large items, working a construction jobsite, farm, or towing anything larger than a utility cart), they opt for the biggest truck they can afford. Mini-trucks need not apply.
We may see our full sized 1/2 tons slowly morph into 9/10th global sized trucks. How else are they going to be able to shave weight without spain hotels making them unaffordable? My complaint with most of these trucks is box length. There needs to be a 6 1/2 foot box option like the Tacoma. Most of these global crewcabs look like the defunct SportTrac where the box was suiteable for a few groceries spain hotels or a bag of soil. Granted, most guys rarely use the full capacity of their current 1/2 tons but we all prefer overcapacity as opposed to coping with under capacity. That also plays into the rugged individualist mind set many truck guys have. They won t buy a compact if once a year their load of Home Depot supplies won t fit in the box. The hey neighbout can I borrow your trailer? question just doesn t sit well with truck owners.
I have a 2012 tacoma sport crew, i would of liked a option of the vw or better yet a new ranger, replaced my 98 ranger. I like my tacoma but i would of much rather have a state of the art pick up.upset
Fleet buyers would be, by far the biggest consumers of global mini trucks and they only want stripped base models and definitely not diesels. When you re NOT also selling just as many, well equipped crew cab 4X4s, you re taking spain hotels a loss on the entire line.
Awhile back there was an article on who was buying Rangers and who bought the last one. It was Terminix, the pest control company. Well I just saw a fleet of Terminix F-150 s rolling down the street this week. There were XL work trucks with the long bed. So they are transitioning nicely and these F150s should spain hotels work a lot better for their cargo needs than the Rangers they were using and the Tacos people saying they were going to be buying. The next big thing will be the Ford transits. And possibly a F100 mid size. The compact pickups are a lost cause which DenverMike made several good points on.
This is to phillyguy, onstar is available on all GM vehicles but you can decline to have it activated. spain hotels After one year of free service you have to pay a monthly spain hotels fee if you still want it. Do you own a cell phone, well they are tracking you too. You should stay in your dwelling and hide if you are so afraid of someone tracking you.
I have the Mazda 4x4 equivalent of the T6 Ranger, mid-size truck. It gets 30mpg (I live in the outback) and weighs over 4 600lbs empty. Tonight overtaking a roadtrain it got up

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий