среда, 29 мая 2013 г.

Will you have a car while in Tuscany? Where (which towns/areas) do you plan to explore away from Sie


4 or us are arriving in Rome from the States on April 18. We will spend 4 nights in Rome and 5 nights in Tuscany with our time split between the bases of Siena and Lucca(not etched in stone.) On April 28 my daughter and sister fly home from Pisa. My husband and I will continue on spending anywhere from 2 to 4 more nights in Tuscany before relocating to Sorrento.
We travel home from Naples seward alaska lodging on May 10 with a very early departure. We know we would like to spend our last 2 nights in Naples and 2-3 nights on Capri prior to Naples. I need to decide whether to head south on April30 or May2, providing us with either4-6 more nights in the Campania region. I want to avoid travel on the May 1st holiday.
Will you have a car while in Tuscany? Where (which towns/areas) do you plan to explore away from Siena and Lucca? If you will have a car, consider staying seward alaska lodging somewhere other than IN Siena for easier and faster starts and ends to your driving days. If you're staying IN Siena with a car, the Palazzo Ravizza has reasonably good ingress/egress, seward alaska lodging and the hotel has its own parking lot (no charge).
Jean, if we get a car it probably won't be until Lucca/Pisa area. I think it would be nice to see more of Tuscany/Umbria. Just want to make sure 3-4 nights are enough in Sorrento before heading to Capri.
It occurs seward alaska lodging to me that it is really about what you like. I might choose more time in Umbria/Tuscany, especially if it wasn't swimming weather in the Sorrento area in the summer. My reason being that I prefer art and history and architecture to scenery, although I love scenery, but without swimming weather, it wouldn't seward alaska lodging draw me as much as art. Plus, you'll be in Capri where there is plenty of shopping and gorgeous seward alaska lodging scenery. Plus you'll be in Naples.
It isn't me either, but I'd rent a car for the entire time in Tuscany (and Umbria if you head there). I don't know why you'd choose to have a car for Lucca/Pisa but not the geographic center of Tuscany.
We had 2 cars the entire trip and it made it so nice to see the Tuscan area where we toured Siena and some wineries. Believe it or not, we also had a ball stopping at the Auto Strada rest areas along the way.
Jean, after all the suggestions I think it really makes sense to extend the time in Tuscany/Umbria. We can travel south either on May 2or 3. It' still will allow 7-8 nights for Sorrento/Capri/Naples.
Besides Palazzo Ravizza in Siena (which I mentioned earlier), look at Locanda San Francesco in Montepulciano seward alaska lodging and Hotel San Luca in Spoleto. I would feel less comfortable making recommendations for other hotels where we've stayed but not in more than 5 years. There are loads of other hotels which are enthusiastically recommended here, so do some searches using the "Advanced search" box at the top of the page. Genius Loci near Bevagna, for example.
Due to a recent upgrade, if you have been using a social sign on prior to 2/28/13, you will need to create a Fodor's password and link your new and old accounts. If you don't have a Fodor's seward alaska lodging password, please request one by emailing us at registration@fodors.com . We apologize for any inconvenience.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий