понедельник, 23 февраля 2015 г.

This was my second time playing at KCRW DJ Valida Carroll s Desert Nights Series at The Standard.  W


We woke up early Wednesday morning to head to Los Angeles.  An extremely talented producer friend of mine, Josh Edmondson, has been living in LA the past few years predominately working on music for television, commercials, film, etc.  We actually met back in Ohio when I was 16 years old, and Josh took me under his wing to record and produce a few tunes for me.  He is incredibly gifted, and I was happy to be able to catch up with him while I was in town.  He texted quality accommodation palma de mallorca me Tuesday night after my show asking if I wanted to sing background vocals on a new project he has been developing.  Even though my schedule was already pretty tight, I of course jumped at the opportunity!  Once we arrived in LA, I dropped Kristina off and headed quality accommodation palma de mallorca directly over to Josh s in-home studio.  The project is awesome, so I m so glad I was able to contribute a little something to it.
I spent about two hours recording, got myself ready for the show and headed straight to The Standard Hotel in West Hollywood for my show that night.  Driving seven hours, recording two hours and then playing a live show isn t even close to the craziest day I ve had.  The hustle comes with the career choice.  Even though it can be exhausting, I am so grateful for the opportunities I receive that I allow me to continue doing what I love for a living.
This was my second time playing at KCRW DJ Valida Carroll s Desert Nights Series quality accommodation palma de mallorca at The Standard.  When I passed through LA in June, playing there was one of my favorite parts of the whole trip.  First of all, Valida ROCKS!  She has such an awesome presence, and her Desert Nights Series is so cool.  Every Wednesday, she books three stripped down bands to perform live in the badass side room of the hotel.  She encourages a listening environment (which you should all know I adore), and she draws in a music-loving crowd.  Again, I was pleasantly surprised by how many familiar faces were in the audience.  Even some of my friends who were just in town for a few days carved out the time to come out to the show.  I am so thankful to everyone who made an appearance.  If you live in LA, be sure to check out this FREE concert series one of these upcoming Wednesdays.  You won t regret it!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий