суббота, 28 июля 2012 г.

We checked into our hotel in Chinatown. Where I got my keys out to open my bag, but the locks weren


I like the end of Daylight Savings because tour de georgia I like gaining that extra hour of sleep. You would think then that I would have loved gaining a day. My flight to the US departed Sydney s Kingsford Smith Airport on Thursday and arrived at Los Angeles International Airport earlier that morning. It was a 14 hour flight that took me back three hours due to crossing the International tour de georgia Date Line. I didn t like it one bit, because unlike the end of daylight savings, you have to stay awake for nearly a whole extra day.
Mum and I arrived very tired after each only getting about 3 or 4 hours sleep during the 14 hour flight. We proceeded through security and quarantine, then had to collect our bags as there isn t automatic transfer of luggage. But that was easy and fast compared to checking into our domestic flight from LAX to SFO. We lined up in the Bag Check queue, only to be told 5 minutes later that we had to get our boarding passes from an automated machine. Mum was allowed to stay in the line while I went to get the boarding passes, however we were not told by our travel agent that baggage was not included in the price of the flight, so we were hit with a $50 fee for our two bags. Then it was through security again. The line was phenomenally long and wasn t moving very fast. When we got to the x-ray machine I told them about my insulin pump and then I had to remove it from my bra, rub my hands over it, and then have my hands swabbed for explosives, I assume. I was really tired at this point, and needed to eat, so we walked straight to our gate, where Mum stayed with our bags while I got us lunch. I bought two sandwiches and an organic juice, which cost $27. I asked if I could pay by card and the lady said Do you have ID? I had left it with Mum. I quickly walked back and got it then returned. My prepaid debit card didn t even have my name on it.
After eating half of my sandwich, I tried to sleep. Mum and I started talking instead. Then someone else joined in. Another Australian, another exchange student. Lauren was sitting in the chair behind me and was traveling by herself to Miami via San Fran, L.A. and New York. We talked a fair bit during our three hour wait for out flight to San Francisco and eventually shared a shuttle bus from the airport to our hotel and her hostel. We also shared the shuttle with a lady from Boise, who was surprised that I knew that to be the capital of Idaho.
We checked into our hotel in Chinatown. Where I got my keys out to open my bag, but the locks weren t there any more. I opened my bag and nothing seemed out of place. Then I found a note in the bottom half of my backpack informing me that all checked baggage is required by law to be inspected. Apparently tour de georgia not my mum s though. Her locks were still in tack.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий