среда, 31 октября 2012 г.

My first professional job was the national tour of a Stephen Schwartz musical called The Magic Show


Pippa Pearthree is currently on tour with The Addams travel to london Family playing the role of Grandma. You can see her in action through July 29th at The Kennedy Center. Her Broadway credits include The History Boys, Titanic, and Whose Life Is It Anyway . A few of Pippa s  Off-Broadway credits include The Dining Room, Hamlet and The Miss Firecracker Contest . Film and TV credits include Law and Order, Mrs. Soffel and Village of the Damned . Pippa is hysterical in The Addams Family and I must say I have been following her career for a while so it s nice to see her live onstage again.
My first professional job was the national tour of a Stephen Schwartz musical called The Magic Show . The magician, Doug Henning, played it on Broadway. Yes, there was magic but also music and a book. It was over 30 years ago, but I believe we played The National Theatre in Washington and I know we played the old Morris Mechanic Theatre in Baltimore.
We ve been on the road since September and while we are very fortunate to have a wonderful and friendly cast, who make touring as pleasant as possible, I am feeling a bit homesick and ready for a break. We head home for 6 weeks in August and that will be sweet.
I cannot say enough wonderful things travel to london about the great Richard Griffiths. His acting speaks for itself. It is so relaxed, so authentic. I was understudying the sublime Frances de la Tour and Richard could not have been more generous and kind. The boys were extraordinary and having the time of their lives in the biggest hit on Broadway. One of them, James Corden, received the Tony Award for best actor this year for One Man, Two Guvnors. My only disappointment was the one time I went on, Richard was back in England for the week filming a Harry Potter movie. How I would have loved working with such a master.
I ll just give you two of my favorites. travel to london I had a sweet, funny part as a nurse in Whose Life Is It, Anyway . This was in 1980, I think. I was 22, it was my first Broadway play and it was thrilling. A few years later, travel to london I was in a wonderful English play called American Days at the Manhattan Theatre Club. I played an aspiring travel to london punk rocker. It was a great part.
Elliot Lanes has been a professional stage manager/sound designer/board op for over 20 years. Having recently relocated to Washington, DC from the New York City area after marrying his reviewing partner, travel to london Jennifer Perry, he has been so far privileged to work on productions at Theatre J, Synetic Family Theatre and Prince George's Community College. He also contributed designs for four shows in the 2011 Capital Fringe Festival, two of which garnered critical raves. Elliot continues to serve as resident stage manager travel to london for two NY-based theatre companies- the legendary Negro Ensemble Company and White Horse Theatre Company. He has been privileged to work with the likes of Liza Minnelli, Betty Buckley, Marilyn Maye, Charles Weldon, Seret Scott, travel to london Chuck Patterson, and Arthur French.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий