четверг, 31 октября 2013 г.

I love the show "Best Places to Find Cash and Treasures" on the Travel Channel. For those of you who


I love the show "Best Places to Find Cash and Treasures" on the Travel Channel. For those of you who haven't seen the show, the host flys all over the world, but mostly in the US, to find places where you can go to pan for gold, dig for aquamarines, or pick up diamonds off top soil. There was a marathon of the show today, and John DVRed a bunch for me. Most are recent, and there's a new host, but my favorite is Becky. She's sarcastic and silly, and she always look like she's having a lot of fun. Right now, I'm watching Becky use a sloose box (sp) to sift for gold in California. The previous show was really interesting. She went to New York and California to dig ancient outhouses for antique bottles. Apparently phoenix hotel accommodations there is a decent amount of money in antique bottles. One found was valued at 67k. The trick is to dig in the middle phoenix hotel accommodations of towns where people have been living for a really long time. Since there was no real trash disposal system when we were using privies, people used to just throw all of their trash in the outhouse holes. Bottles are usually the only things that are left over after, well composting. My lesson from that episode? As I don't want my great, great, great, grandchildren realizing that their great, great, great, grandmother drank cheap wine, I'll just recycle. Of course, I don't have an outhouse, so that's probably a moot point. When I head out to the ranch, however, I'm determined to find out if there was ever an outhouse of there. The funniest thing about Cash and Treasures is that the "experts" phoenix hotel accommodations that Becky meets to find these treasures phoenix hotel accommodations are usually not what you expect treasure hunters to look like. Right now, she's hunting aquamarines (one of my favorite stones) with Jim Bob, as he blows up the side of a hill. Most of these hunters phoenix hotel accommodations are rough, which means that while they've phoenix hotel accommodations found a lot of treasure in their lives, it probably hasn't been that lucrative. John and I have talked about maybe taking a trip to treasure hunt one day, but we're not quiting our day jobs. Adam and I used to love looking a a gem book that we had when we were little. He wanted to be the geologist, and I wanted to be the gemologist. My job choice was probably spurred by the phrases and words Barbara Dormer taught me as a baby: "buy me diamonds, phoenix hotel accommodations daddy," "rubies," phoenix hotel accommodations "sapphires," "emeralds," etc. Picking out geodes in Canada and breaking them my dad's shop in the basement. I was always so anxious to see what would be in the middle. I always hoped for amethyst. Ok, done rambling. Have a good night!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий