воскресенье, 29 июня 2014 г.

"Look, the Grand Canyon is a very beautiful place. I loved the sights there. But I was bored after a


We noticed that a few Yelp users have some issues with America’s Best Idea — the parks are boring, or crowded, or all the good stuff is way too far from the car. And we think some of their comments are funny, so we combed Yelp for the best of the one-star, two-star, and three-star hotels in atlantic city new jersey near boardwalk reviews. Grand Canyon hotels in atlantic city new jersey near boardwalk National Park received a very high percentage of the vitriol, for some reason. Probably because it is really just, as one Yelper put it, “a great big hole.” Here are our favorites:
The reason I give Grand Canyon National Park only one star as a National Park is that pretty much all of the really awesome things you could potentially do in the Grand Canyon are basically hotels in atlantic city new jersey near boardwalk off-limits for a day tripper hotels in atlantic city new jersey near boardwalk I just don t understand why they won t build a road, aerial tramway, hotels in atlantic city new jersey near boardwalk elevator, or SOMETHING that gives easier access to the canyon s depths. To people who say that building anything would ruin the Grand Canyon, I would say this did building a road into Yosemite Valley ruin Yosemite?”
“This place was the worst!!! I m not saying it wasn t pretty, but it makes me remember an episode of the Cosby show where Vanessa is engaged to someone and Bill Cosby says that it was like a juicy piece of steak presented on a trash can lid. That s what this place was. Mount Rainier served on a trash can lid.”
“As amazing as the views are it is really kind of boring. Every 500 ft a new vantage point of the same thing: a really big hole in the ground. Don t get me wrong, the canyon is amazing. What would be better is a guided tour of the canyon from open-air view trams via a very long (much longer than exists) rim side roadway. What would also be nice is Segway rentals, but I know the reason why this isn t done is because someone would inevitably drive off the edge of the canyon to their death.”
“Whatever you do, be warned that there are no barriers around hotels in atlantic city new jersey near boardwalk the edges which fall about 300-900 feet into the depths of the Canyon. Do not take pictures or have pictures taken of yourself without being serious. Do not hover about the Canyon whilst drunk. You will fall over the edge and you will die. Be warned in advance that 60 people have fell over the edge and, in 20 instances, people were posing for or taking pictures while hovering hotels in atlantic city new jersey near boardwalk on a rock close to the edge.”
“We went up Sunday 9/11 to see the elk bugle. Because hotels in atlantic city new jersey near boardwalk of all the elk fences now in Horseshoe Park there were NO elk there period. Are you kidding me a fall rut season and no elk in Horseshoe Park? Then we went over by Beaver Meadows, more fences and few elk there either.”
“Look, the Grand Canyon is a very beautiful place. I loved the sights there. But I was bored after a few minutes. The only time I wasn t bored was when I was standing inches from my death. There is no fence to stop you from falling thousands of feet to the bottom. You could actually stumble and die.”
“After driving and driving for about 50 mins, you enter the Grand Canyon to find TADA: A great big hole. Personally I don t know how I feel about the grand canyon. When I first saw it, I will admit that I was not awed. After walking around hotels in atlantic city new jersey near boardwalk and even attempting to get close to the edge (yes there are areas where there are no fences or gates to reinforce the perimeter) I became overwhelmed for the sheer fact knowing that a tiny burst of wind could plummet my body to sheer disintegration.”
“At first, I was amazed at the scale and grandeur of the Grand Canyon. The views along the 277-mile-long chasm are nothing short of awe-inspiring. But then it hit me: it all looks the same. There are various lookout points and interesting exhibits in the park, but I couldn hotels in atlantic city new jersey near boardwalk t help but get bored of seeing a giant trench in the ground. There is very little variation and few features.”
“The one day that I had to spend at the Grand Canyon was flooded with fog. We could not see a thing. I would not have known there was a canyon there, had I not been told. I was disappointed that although I got there at 4:30 pm and there was zero visibility, the park continued to collect the $25 dollar fee per car.”
“Really pretty and dramatic in some vista spots, such as Park Avenue, but to get anywhere close to an arch or two you have to be up for some serious hiking. hotels in atlantic city new jersey near boardwalk Most disappointing, this should be clearly noted in the Park literature.”
“If you have seen the Grand Canyon, it is not clear why you would need to make the three hour round trip drive from hwy 191 and back to see Canyonlands. hotels in atlantic city new jersey near boardwalk This park is similar but 10 times wider and flatter.”
“Don t waste your time!! I have lived in places ranging from by the ocean to the desert, and I have to say this is the ugliest place I have ever seen. Most deserts at least have some color to them, creating their own special beauty, not here, there is a bit of color near the entrance, and a tiny bit inside, hotels in atlantic city new jersey near boardwalk otherwise I paid $20 for nothing but nasty rock and salt.”
Some folks just don t get it which is probably a good thing, because otherwise the parks would be SO crowded, and everyone knows what a drag a crowded park can be. They should make a big fence somewhere to keep all the crowds out. All I know is there are no crowds where I go no sir can t have folks getting pushed over the edge and into the fence.
I couldn t agree more with Jaeden above, some people just do not Get it and thank goodness. I was laughing at the hilarity of the comment about Denali National Park I mean it s an adventure just GETTING to Denali. Americans hotels in atlantic city new jersey near boardwalk are so spoiled with these parks that look the same from every vantage hotels in atlantic city new jersey near boardwalk point and even worse I mean places where there are no FENCES- what were we thinking!!???
I agree with you Stacey, and I m an American. Why spoil the beautiy of the scenery with a fence or an elevator, much less a visitor s center building to get silly souvenirs? When you enter a national park, YOU accept the risk of nature. I can t believe there s even lawsuits surrounding people getting hotels in atlantic city new jersey near boardwalk killed by falling trees!
I m not suprised a lot of the comments are about the Grand Canyon. If you just come to look at it from the rim I can understand how it gets old fast. It s true that most of the awesome things require you to do overnight trips into the canyon. That s one of the reasons that makes the Grand Canyon one of the best parks in the country. J/K, the Grand Canyon sucks, don t come here .
If they were to take one of your dory/raft trips down the canyon you would not see posts like this. This has to be one of the most amazing places in the world. You just can t get a full appreciation of it looking in from the top.
I noticed that some of the negative comments compared the other parks to Yosemite. I made my first trip there a few weeks ago. I could see why everyone complained about having to get out of their cars or a lack of facilities if this is what they re used to. They have heated bathrooms on hiking trails! I was amazed hotels in atlantic city new jersey near boardwalk at the comforts and Disneyland feel to the valley. I plan to go back and explore hotels in atlantic city new jersey near boardwalk some of the more remote areas and, hopefully, elude the crowds.
Not mentioned above are if the parks do take-out, have wait service, or offer a Brunch hotels in atlantic city new jersey near boardwalk menu. Is outdoor seating available? How about wi-fi? Might there be bugs? These Yelp reviews really let me down.
Redwood National Park is great, don t get me wrong, but it would be so much better if there were roads leading hotels in atlantic city new jersey near boardwalk up the biggest trees to the top so we can get a bird s eye view. There s an elevator in the Space Needle, why can t I easily get to the top of these massive trees?
hotels in atlantic city new jersey near boardwalk Having worked for more than a decade in national parks, my experience showed me there were plenty of idiots working in national parks. The disdain rangers have for the public their customers, without whom they would be out of a job was incessant and staggering. Of course due to industrial tourism the public has lost touch with nature and the wild. It s supposed hotels in atlantic city new jersey near boardwalk to be the job of rangers to educate and facilitate, not judge and condemn their customers.
I m an NPS ranger, too, who sees both the ridiculous and the sublime among my colleagues. Much of it is due to the hiring system for gov. employees. Most rangers do try to do a good job, but there are some I would like to see working at McDonald s. Of course, hotels in atlantic city new jersey near boardwalk if I saw them behind the counter, I d leave, knowing their work habits already.
I have worked in Glacier hotels in atlantic city new jersey near boardwalk for quite a few years now and one of my favorite questions is Where are the glaciers? How do I get to one? It gets hard to look these people in the face knowing they are asking seriously.
sitting in the hot springs in Olympic National Park, a couple of women walked up and started complaining that no one had built a bridge so they didn t have to walk so far. The guy sitting near us just stood up, facing them, stark naked. They left. Quickly.
Since we commenters are sitting on our high horses (and others of us are sitting on other high things that leave more or less of a trace) it is apparently difficult to see that these Yelp reviews should not cause the elite few to rejoice. They should hotels in atlantic city new jersey near boardwalk make us concerned. They should make us mourn. They should make us wonder about the longevity hotels in atlantic city new jersey near boardwalk of the park system, because they are essentially a vote of no-confidence in our national treasury. I see in many of the above blog comments hotels in atlantic city new jersey near boardwalk that we may have noble ideals about instilling a love of wild places in the next generation, as long as they stay out of our favorite hotels in atlantic city new jersey near boardwalk places; sure, take a kid fishing, as long as he finds his own hole and doesn t interrupt my wilderness-peace-and-quiet.
If people do not love (or understand) our National Parks, it is not because people are dumb, or cannot figure it out; it is because we do not care enough to teach them. You see a diamond; they see a rock. Why complain about it when you have the opportunity to explain it to them? Isn t it our responsibility to reach out our hands to help other people hotels in atlantic city new jersey near boardwalk see beauty and live wisely? But, it takes much less effort to roll our eyes. For a group of people that is typically all about tolerance and respect, it sure doesn t take long for us to execute som

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий