понедельник, 30 июня 2014 г.

Oh, Judy! I m so sorry! That -- I was going to say that it sucks, but it s so much worse than that!


I don't claim to be a seasoned traveler. As a matter of fact, I hardly go anywhere. The last three times I've been on an airplane have been to visit my parents in Oklahoma. So, maybe someone can tell me . . . when did it get so *$)@#^ travel guide california expensive to fly??! A few months ago when my husband and I flew to Oklahoma, our tix were less than $400, roundtrip (you know, cuz we wanted to go home). Now that I will have to go back any day, I've been checking out flights and prices. I wanted to cry! Seriously. I wanted to cry. Nearly double the price it was last time we went!
So my husband called one of the airlines to ask about their bereavement rate. I thought travel guide california maybe half price . . . what a joke! The rate is the same. Yes, the same. Except, they are generous enough to let you change flights without charge if you need to. Oh, thank you so much generous travel guide california and compassionate airlines! We appreciate your thoughtfulness in our time of grief.
But, of course, I WILL get there, even if I have to walk (which, travel guide california if I'm going to do that, I should start right now - - I might get as far as Pendleton, Oregon before my mom calls to tell me that it's time).
Thanks, Erin. I just checked Southwest and they are even more than the cheapest (ha!) flight I could find (Frontier). Oh well, What can you do?! Delete Reply mybabyjohn/Delores travel guide california June 19, 2012 at 9:29 AM
I think you can do hotwire for flights, but you don t know what flight you are going to get - - and my sister and I are going to try to coordinate our flights so we can share a rental car. So, . . . :) Delete Reply Kelly June 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM
Oh, Judy! I m so sorry! That -- I was going to say that it sucks, but it s so much worse than that! I d love to know when and why it all became about the almighty dollar in this world. Whatever happened to compassion? To lending a hand to each other? Now, instead of lending travel guide california a hand, it seems to be all about sticking out that hand, gimme-style, in demand of more, more, more! ~sigh~ I really hope you have more luck finding something. You -- and your family -- are on my mind in my prayers! Reply Delete Replies Judy June 19, 2012 at 9:37 AM
Judy, I am sorry. That sucks. Do you know anyone that works for an airline? My sister used to work for American Airlines and they could get discounts for other people. All airlines are different though. I didn t know they got rid of bereavement. A lot of them used to make you show proof with a death certificate to get it which is pathetic too. Reply Delete Replies Judy June 19, 2012 at 9:55 AM
My husband and I contemplated flying to my parents house this summer, but the tickets travel guide california will cost us more than $2,000, travel guide california round-trip. Sorry, but no. We re going to drive. *Hugs* Reply Delete Replies travel guide california Judy June 19, 2012 at 9:55 AM
airlines are airlines and business travel guide california is business I was equally naive (sorry Judy) 10 or so years ago when our family had to travel to the US.. I was going to say : this is what the world has come to..., but no.. . Reply Delete Replies Judy June 19, 2012 at 9:56 AM
That is just plain ole lousy. There is nothing I can say to make it better. I am truly sorry that on top of this the airline is making it more difficult for you. Reply Delete Replies Judy June 19, 2012 at 10:13 AM
I do happen to know someone travel guide california who works for Southwest and I have just sent off a message to him to see if there is anything he might be able to do for you Judy. I will let you know! I feel for you at this time, it s a hard thing to have to go through and then to have to worry about money along with it just makes it that much harder. I do hope he can help! Reply Delete Replies Judy June 19, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Judy, he is unable to help at this time. He is working on getting his BA in education and has only been doing a couple of flights a month....therefore he does not qualify for vouchers. He appologizes, and is going to keep you in his thoughts, as will I. I am sorry we couldn t help :( Delete Reply JoJo June 19, 2012 at 12:15 PM
I m so sorry you re having a hard time. Alaska Airlines charged me over $1,000 for a roundtrip, but open ended return flight, ticket, however upon sending them a copy of the death certificate, they refunded over half the ticket price to a more reasonable $500 round trip. This was also nearly 10 years ago so perhaps their policies have changed. Not sure if they fly to OK from where you live, but you might try them. Good luck. Reply Delete Replies Judy June 19, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Judy I m sorry :( The problem is, tickets are cheapest travel guide california 2 or more weeks in advance. But I understand you can t wait that long. Last minute they are about double. Bereavement tickets are a joke these days. Last time I checked they just helped you get a ticket, but not a cheap one. Standby is pretty much gone. A friend who works for an airline might be able to help out as someone already suggested. They get tickets standby (the only real standby that still exists) for maybe $60 each leg. Which means that if you don t get a direct flight, you d have to pay $60 for each transfer travel guide california from one flight to another, AND the 2nd half of your trip would also be standby so there s no guarantee you wouldn t get stuck halfway overnight and have to pay for a hotel for however long it took to get a flight out of that halfway point. - In other words, if you find someone who can get you an employee rate, it s rarely worth the risk unless you can get a direct flight and are prepared to wait around all day for a possible open seat. Oh, and you d fly first class and there s a dress code and stuff, like no jeans or sneakers etc. (not a dress code for first class per se, but for going as a guest of an airline employee.) That s about it for my airline knowledge. travel guide california Can you take a train or rent a car? I know it s far but if it s do-able it might be cheaper. **** Ok just did a quick check on Delta (for kicks). NEXT Tu Wed Th Fri has good rates from Seattle WA to Oklahoma City (Don t know if those are your exact airports. I took a guess. Don t know if next week is too far away for you.) Reply Delete Replies Judy June 19, 2012 at 1:56 PM
FYI, I was checking one way rates. I ve found that with many airlines, the round trip is the same as two one way rates. So I check each direction for the cheapest one way rate, and then check a roundtrip rate with those two dates and the price is usually the same :P So those were the dates with the cheapest travel guide california rates I found for your first half (around $150-ish). I figure your return trip should be about the same when you specify a date. Hope you find something. travel guide california Delete Reply Andrea June 19, 2012 at 1:55 PM
It is not to be forgiven that people have to worry about finances at such a difficult time for drastically increased airfares. I know from being on priceline and expedia before that the closer to the date of travel, the more expensive. i have also been hearing lately that it is better to just call directly who you are trying to travel with. Hope something works out easily. Xoxo Reply Delete travel guide california Replies Judy June 19, 2012 at 1:57 PM
Sorry to hear you even have to consider this. Airlines = $$$ They really could care less. I had to fly to Chicago on a bereavement deal once,it was a nightmare. Then when my Dad died in Idaho I had to fly him back to Chicago to be buried next to Mom, don t even get me started. He needed a TICKET, costing as much as the rest of us AND we had to be on the same plane with him (in the cargo hold). It was the most ridiculous thing I have ever encountered. Reply Delete Replies Judy June 19, 2012 at 2:39 PM
Wow, that is pathetic! You re right, they could care less. I can t believe you had to buy a ticket for your dad - - that beyond ridiculous. Shame on them. Delete Reply Funny in My Mind June 19, 2012 at 2:56 PM
My sister-in-law was booking her trip from Jersey to Mo today and she was shocked at the prices too! Plus the extra fees for baggage, crowded panes, rude employees and getting groped at security. Sucks. How do you prove you are flying for a funeral to get the bereavement rate? Otherwise people would lie and get a better deal. You could come here and I could drive you to OK and then we could stop at my sister s and swim and drink margaritas. Maybe not but it sounded good. Reply Delete Replies Judy June 19, 2012 at 3:38 PM
Well, I don t think there really is a bereavement rate but in order to get the so-called benefits most airlines require you to provide the funeral home s name and contact info. I didn t see any that required an actual death certificate but you never know. Retards. Delete Judy June 19, 2012 at 3:38 PM
ROFL! You can also get some kind of Medical benefit (which is like the bereavement thing). Same thing, but for a serious sudden travel guide california accident or illness. Requires doctor info I think. Delete Reply a.eye June 19, 2012 at 4:34 PM
I m so sorry! A little over a year ago I was looking for airline tickets to my father-in-law s funeral and there was a bereavement discount but on first class tickets so not much help at all. You d think they d have a heart, but maybe they re really in it only for profit no matter what. God speed. Reply Delete Replies Judy June 20, 2012 at 8:27 AM
That is sad; you think they would offer a bereavement rate and maybe an option travel guide california to pay the ticket in installments or something. But I guess a business is a business.....still.....a little compassion would go a long way I think. betty Reply Delete Replies Judy June 20, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Flying used to be so different. 911 happened and gas prices went through the roof and flying has become a necessary evil. Do you know anyone with frequent flyer miles? I don t know if they can be used on short notice or not. It makes me sick how many people line up to take advantage of a grieving family. Reply Delete travel guide california Replies Judy June 20, 2012 at 8:29 AM
I did have a friend with frequent flyer miles who was going to give them to me - but they don t fly to oklahoma city. And I don t really want to go to Dallas :) Delete travel guide california Reply Melanie June 20, 2012 at 6:10 AM
I am so very sorry

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий