четверг, 27 ноября 2014 г.

As far as car rental, we did use Hotwire once and have used Avis and Budget. Join the car rental rew


How we use your email Fodor's may use your e-mail address to send you relevant information on site updates, account changes, and offers. For more information about your privacy and protection, please fox 11 news los angeles review fox 11 news los angeles our full Privacy Policy .
I'm wondering fox 11 news los angeles if I need to book 2 nights each in Banff, Lake Louise, and Jasper. Is two nights in each place ideal? Would it be inconvenient to stay in one place for Banff Lake Louise for 4 nights--then move on to Jasper?
We also like to stay in one place when we travel, but I think it is better to stay in 2 places here: Lake Louise or Banff for part of your stay and Jasper for your other stay. I wouldn't want you to miss Jasper, and the drive up the Icefields Parkway is really special. We enjoy driving the Parkway twice. Going up to Jasper and driving back. We make different stops each way. Be sure to pick up sandwiches or something for a picnic. Other than the Icefields Center there are not many choices--but there are fabulous picnic spots right on the rocks by the lakes or in designated picnic areas. I know you said you don't enjoy driving but the scenery in this area is spectacular.
Lodging is expensive here. We tend to stay in less expensive fox 11 news los angeles lodging but they are difficult to find here. I have not used Priceline but I would think you could see what hotels are coming up by checking www.biddingfortravel.com or www.betterbidding.com There are less expensive options in Banff rather than Lake Louise. We like the convenience though of Lake Louise--it's close to Moraine Lake, Lake O'Hara and Emerald Lake/Yoho. We really enjoyed staying at Patricia Lake outside fox 11 news los angeles of the town of Jasper. We stayed in the cabins that are very reasonably priced. Cathedral Mountain was on Luxurylink---I have not stayed there but would definitely enjoy a stay there. It is located between Lake Louise and Yoho. I think the cheapest fox 11 news los angeles places to stay in Lake Louise are the Lake Louise Inn and the Hostel that actually gets good reviews unless you stay there during ski season.
To do a quick check of area hotels, check www.kayak.com . I booked hotel rooms for our group that allowed a cancellation and ended up getting us a great last minute rate at the Rimrock for $170/nt--and that was not even their cheapest room. We were visiting the first week in Sept. though when the crowds start to die down. Banff can be very crowded in the summer. We have stayed in Banff in the winter. Banff offers a lot more dining options, is a good place to walk around when it rains, and has the Banff Springs Hotel, which you will want to visit.
As far as car rental, we did use Hotwire once and have used Avis and Budget. Join the car rental rewards program so that you receive the email specials. The last couple years, the car rental specials have beat the Hotwire rates. The rates you have found seem very high.
Just a note: I also love Kauai, as I know you do, but even though this area is entirely different, I could visit here every year--and I don't return to many places. Since you love scenery, natural beauty, and easy to moderate hiking, I think you will find it is worth the driving.
I really appreciate all the info and suggestions. Two hotels is do-able and sounds advisable. Just wanted to avoid three hotels. (I'll have already been in two hotels in three days, prior to the vacation portion of the trip.) I'll be sure to include Jasper--and the drive on the Icefield Hwy sounds beautiful.
I've found a car rental rate of $508 ( www.discountcar ) for airport p/u and return. It drops to $392 if I p/u and return downtown. That would incur a $60 shuttle cost ($30 each) or a taxi. That's a big improvement--even if I go with the airport p/u.
That's a great rate for the Rimrock. The best I've seen is $194. I've checked the list of Priceline (and Hotwire) hotels -- and they're all the same ones I'd be considering, anyway, so will likely go that route.
Hi Songdoc, really I am not stalking you - but remember we stayed in the cottage at Bisley after your recommendation? Well we are now planning an Alaska/Canada trip, checking out the posts when I came across your name.
Where are you planning to visit in Canada/Alaska? I only did Alaska by cruise--and it was incredibly beautiful. Have been to the major cities in Canada--but this will be my first time in the Rockies. They've always been high on my list.
We'll arrive around midnight in Calgary on Tuesday, July 31st--so will probably stay in an airport hotel. The following day our friend's sister (who lives in Calgary) will give us a tour of the city and surrounds, ending with dinner fox 11 news los angeles at her home. Since it will be late evening when we're finished, we'll overnight in Calgary.
We very much enjoyed our time in that dear little cottage, we were lucky enough to be there during the Open Garden Scheme. "Our" garden fox 11 news los angeles was open along with Paulmead which was just down the lane. If you thought Liz Michael's garden was amazing then Paulmead would have blown your mind! A LOT of money went into that garden I can assure you. We did a bit of damage to Micheal's supply of French red wine on our last night there before heading up to the pub. Very welcoming locals, a great night was had by all.
We have only just decided that Alaska Canada will be our next destination so it won't be until Aug/Sept next year. We are looking at using part of the Alaska Marine Highway fox 11 news los angeles ferry system rather than a cruise then we will head on up to Denali fox 11 news los angeles I think. fox 11 news los angeles We are still at the stage of shuffling things around on the trusty spreadsheet that I use for planning purposes.
From Anchorage we will either fly into Galgary or Vancouver depending on flights etc then pick up a hire car to see the Rockies. So that's where your post was helpful to me. We also prefer fox 11 news los angeles to stay put and not move every night so I was interested to read about staying in either Banff or Lake Louise then moving on to Jasper. We are thinking 3 to 4 mights in each place if we can swing it before driving fox 11 news los angeles back to Vancouver via Whistler.
Before we get to excited though we leave home (Perth, Western Australia) fox 11 news los angeles in Oct to fly to Venice for 4 nights then picking up a cruise from there across to Fort Lauderdale. We are staying onboard for a week in the Caribbean before moving fox 11 news los angeles onto to Washington DC and NYC before the long flight home. Lucky us!
I won't be back down under again until May 2013, and once again, does not look as if I'll get to see your side of the country. fox 11 news los angeles I'll be teaching in Melbourne, Sydney, and Brisbane--then heading to New Zealand.
And Songdoc, even though you won't have any free time during your workshop, you should still have some spirit-feeding views available. Be sure you make time in the mornings and end of day to rejuvenate yourself.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий