четверг, 27 ноября 2014 г.

Hi, I just arrived in Buffalo 2 weeks ago and am a TN holder. I don't own a vehicle, so I'm looking


Hi, I just arrived in Buffalo walking tours ireland 2 weeks ago and am a TN holder. I don't own a vehicle, so I'm looking to rent a car in Buffalo to drive into Canada. (I did a search on the forums on this topic but most of the replies were pre-2012, before the new law kicked in). According to a Government of Canada news release on May 17, 2012, Canadian residents are now able to drive U.S. rental cars into Canada if they've been outside walking tours ireland the country for 48 hours effective June 1, 2012. (See revision to the Motor Vehicle Safety Act (MVSA)) So I know it's okay for me to drive a rental car into Canada. That's not what I'm curious about. Here's my question: are TN holders even considered residents of Canada? I live in Buffalo now and have a NYS drivers license. Would I need to invoke the above law when crossing the border, or would I be treated as a non-resident driving a U.S. car into Canada? (I've only been here for 2 weeks)
Good to know. I've asked other TN holders and there seems to be a consensus that TN holders are considered U.S. residents, though no one could give me a definitive answer. I guess having a U.S. driver's license with a U.S. residential address would strengthen the case that I'm a U.S. resident. As for the link the press release, I can't post links because I'm too new here, but you can find it by googling driving canadian rental car to canada . One of the first few links will point to a release on the Transport Canada website titled Harper Government announces that Canadians walking tours ireland can cross Canada–US border with a rental vehicle from the United States .

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий