суббота, 7 марта 2015 г.

I, too, live right up the road from Sports Car Rentals, and I asked for the TR-3 for a day for a bir

BaT Exclusive: Sports Car Rentals 1960 Triumph TR3A | Bring a Trailer Auctions Submit a Vehicle Get the Email Log In Register Categories Search GET THE BaT DAILY EMAIL CURRENT accommodation special rates frankfurt BaT AUCTIONS accommodation special rates frankfurt Current Bid: $6,000 Ends in: Current Bid: $9,999 Ends in: Current Bid: $18,000 Ends in: Current Bid: $9,400 Ends in: Current Bid: $24,000 Ends in: Current Bid: $11,750 Ends in: Current Bid: $35,250 Ends in: Current Bid: $11,500 Ends in: Current Bid: $2,000 Ends in: Current Bid: $1,500 Ends in: List Your Car on B a T RECENT POSTS Single Family 1965 Ford Mustang 289 Running Project: 1967 Alfa Romeo 2600 Sprint Ex-Monte Carlo Historique: 1965 Renault Caravelle Rally Car Funky Mode: 1990 Toyota Sera Virgil White Snowmobile: 1919 Ford Model T CATEGORIES Under $20k Race Car Project Truck 4 4 Success Stories Event Coverage See Where They Rust Whatzit? Motorcycles BaT Exclusives ORIGIN American accommodation special rates frankfurt British French German Italian Japanese Spanish Swedish Advertise on BaT November 7, 2013 BaT Exclusives / British / Cover Stories / Under $20k | 44 Comments BaT Exclusive: Sports accommodation special rates frankfurt Car Rentals 1960 Triumph TR3A
This 1960 Triumph TR3A has been owned by the current seller for 17 years and has been used as one of a number of classics in his fleet of affordable classic rental cars for use around his Virginia area. He is now retiring and the fleet is being downsized. He calls this one a very reliable TR3 that has been driven approximately 3000 miles a year for the past 16 years and always well maintained. It has a TR4 engine and TR4 full syncro transmission, and is a strong driver. It is now available in Batesville, Virginia for $12,500.
Says the seller about the rental history: Is it okay to buy a used rental car? In this case, I say Yes . I m retiring and am reducing the size of my rental fleet of sports cars. For the past 18 years my company, Sports Car Rentals, has been renting every man type sports cars, MGA s and B s, TR3 s and 6 s, Alfa and Fiat Spyders and even, years ago, a 356 Porsche. We are down to two cars now, www.sportscarrentals.com , and are in the process of selling our TR3.
The seller calls it a great driving and powerful TR3 with a solid body with only small typical TR3 rust area in forward inner rear fenders. It had new paint four years ago and still looks good with minor road chips. All sheetmetal is in good condition. New Vredestein radial tires are mounted on steel wheels. The black vinyl interior and convertible top are in good condition, but the vinyl covering on the side of seat bases has a couple of worn holes.
There are 4k miles on a new clutch and the head was rebuilt 12k miles ago. The engine bay could use a good detailing, but the mechanicals have been well maintained by necessity. With the exception of a few breakdowns over the years, the seller says that the British cars have been very reliable and that his customer base has treated them quite well.
You had done a great task by defining the services offered by the car renting companies.This would truely helped me a lot and every car lover who want to hire a car for their most memorable and enjoyable moment s to make them more special and enjoyable. THANKS! 0 Flag as not constructive Dec 18 at 4:00 AM dexterbell
I wouldn accommodation special rates frankfurt t worry about the rental car stigma here. I m sure his clientele appreciate what they are renting much more than your average Hertz customer. Wish there was a similar business around here! It would be a great way to get some seat time in some cool cars. 0 Flag as not constructive Nov 9 at 6:39 PM DougD
I absolutely love TR3A s, I unwisely used the funds received for my stolen Yamaha GT1 350 cc bike to purchase a 1959 model in 1968 (first car I ever bought) I was absolutely clueless and it was an absolute mess, the front end shimmed more than Candy in the Beach Blanket movies, accommodation special rates frankfurt the side curtains were almost nonexistant (dress warmly), but resting one s elbows on the door tops made up for all of that !
I also drove this very car, as well as his Alfa Spider and MGB, years ago when I was researching starting my own rental business. Great guy and a great car. The TR4 upgrade may have been done after I drove the car (2005 maybe?), because 1st definitely wasn t synchromesh when I drove it.
I agree that overdrive would be nice if driving on a daily basis, but I drove it all day in the hills of Virginia and West Virginia and never felt I needed it. I ended up buying an Alfa Spider, because it s more practical for daily use (and it was always my dream car), but I always accommodation special rates frankfurt remember that drive in the TR3. It feels like you re sitting on the tarmac, and you can t miss anything the steering or suspension is doing. If I had room for another classic, this would be at the top of the list. 0 Flag as not constructive Nov 8 at 9:03 PM Pipsisewah
Maybe I m missing something here-TR3s came with 1991cc engines until the TR4s introduction when they all grew to 2138cc. Overbore kits were very common, and generally cheaper than stock sized piston/liner kits, and they yielded 2187cc. Still the original block, accommodation special rates frankfurt just new pistons and liners seems like something other than an engine swap to me. More of a slightly warmer rebuild isn t it? 1 Flag as not constructive Nov 8 at 7:51 PM Jeff Zekas
Nice looking accommodation special rates frankfurt car- but after my son bought a Celica from Virginia with only a little rust (which turned out very badly), I would never buy an east coast car. The price is reasonable because the car doesn t have the original motor, so it would be a great daily driver, but not a concours type, original classic- more of a classic hot rod . But, hey, I would LOVE to rent this car! Or rent any of the cars this seller has in stock! As my neighbor (an owner of an Audi and BMW) would say, These are cars that you want to borrow from someone else, drive for a day, and then give back to the owner. 1 Flag as not constructive Nov 8 at 4:57 PM SNAABY
Wrong time of year. If I bought it, I would have to drive it all the way across the country, which might be a little too much of an adventure this time of year. If only I had the time and money. 1 Flag as not constructive Nov 8 at 3:31 PM Still Miss It
Agree with previous accommodation special rates frankfurt posts that this is a more than fair price on what appears to be a solid car. Having the fully synchronized 4 speed box is more useful than you may think in actual use and the while the steel wheels may not be as attractive as wires to some, they will never break a 50 year old spoke and should never need to be trued up. Wish I room for this one, it is at the absolute right point for the person who wants to actually drive and enjoy. 1 Flag as not constructive Nov 8 at 3:16 PM HealeyRick
The pessimist says the glass is half empty. The optimist says it s half full. I need a new word for the guy that starts a business renting out old British and Italian sports cars. 4 Flag as not constructive Nov 8 at 2:04 PM northwestnick
As Fred mentioned, Tr3B was the unofficial name for the final run of TR3A s that used TR4 mechanicals. This car is too early to be one of them, but with the drivetrain swap, it s effectively the same thing. Looks like a great deal You never see these in this price range any more unless they are battered accommodation special rates frankfurt and rusty. Yes, overdrive would be nice, but you can always add that later. 1 Flag as not constructive Nov 8 at 1:34 PM yucan
After 40 years I drove a TR3 a month ago before it went into winter storage and wondered why I had not purchased one long before. Much fun, loved the driving position, bucket seat. Oh well back to my TR6. 1 Flag as not constructive Nov 8 at 1:16 PM Varjak
How can this not be gone yet? One of the most appealing deals on great wheels that s been seen on BaT in many moons. Clearly it s a well-fettled driver. It s red. It s loud. Top drops. Elbows out. Fresh tires. Sassy attitude and great stance. Yeesh, it pushes accommodation special rates frankfurt every button except perfect originality (which many of us here see as a good button to push anyway). 7 Flag as not constructive Nov 8 at 11:54 AM UGW
Consider: if you re driving your car, and it breaks down, not a such a big deal. If someone else rented the car from you, and it breaks down, that could be a serious liability. I d think this seller would actually have MORE incentive to keep his vehicles maintained accommodation special rates frankfurt than the average owner. 4 Flag as not constructive Nov 8 at 11:35 AM drvoo
Seems like a bargain (at least in California it would be), one of my favorite classic car designs, accommodation special rates frankfurt awesome integrity of form follows accommodation special rates frankfurt function and distinct character. Like flying a sopwith camel on the road 3 Flag as not constructive Nov 8 at 11:29 AM Fred
Regular use beats in storage any day. Looks like a good driver and compared to what people are trying to get out here in Ca. it s a very good price. I m not much into owning a concourse car and I also don t have the energy to resurrect the dead anymore so that puts this one in the sweet spot. Wish I could have it. 3 Flag as not constructive Nov 8 at 10:07 AM lee anzola
Interesting business. Great price on this car. It might not be a show car, but to find a TR3 in this condition and well sorted at this price with no stories is like finding hens teeth these days. That s right though, this one has a story although this one lends alot of credibility to the get in and drive it camp . 4 Flag as not constructive Nov 8 at 8:56 AM NoPistons4Me
I, too, live right up the road from Sports accommodation special rates frankfurt Car Rentals, and I asked for the TR-3 for a day for a birthday present some years ago. As my birthday falls in the dead of winter, though, SOMEBODY didn t come through. So now maybe I should just go buy it and have my revenge 7 Flag as not constructive Nov 8 at 8:56 AM Kent
A 61 TR3A in the same colors was my first car in 1984. I still own it almost 30 years on and consider it one of the very best classic cars to own. They are reasonably priced, easy to wrench on and have great parts availability. I drive mine as a daily driver from late April through October every year. Even at 50 plus years old, it is more reliable than my Mercedes sedan. Everywhe

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий