четверг, 31 июля 2014 г.

Took a taxi to Al Karama and went to an Indian restaurant called Bikanerwala for dinner/snacks at 5p


How we use your email Fodor's may use your e-mail address to send you relevant rental cars las vegas information on site updates, rental cars las vegas account changes, and offers. For more information about your privacy and protection, please review our full Privacy Policy .
I started off planning for this trip with 3 goals in mind - I wanted to go to the Cinque Terre, rental cars las vegas the Amalfi Coast and Lake Como. George Clooney had something to do my wish to go to Lake Como but that obsession is another topic altogether.
So having come back from my fabulous holiday I was in 2 minds about this trip report. Should I write it, should I post it?? In the end I decided that I get such enjoyment in reading trip reports on this forum that I had to post.
Dubai airport has good signage and I was through customs in a jif. I picked out what I thought was my bag and decided to throw my back pack inside. Oh oh not my bag! I quickly retuned it to the carousel and waited for my bag. There were a lot of Samsonite Cosmolite suitcases and a a couple of red ones!! The red suitcase might have to become a hot pink suitcase rental cars las vegas in future .
As I walked into the hotel my impressions were Hotel was really nice, very 5 star, huge room. I had landed at 5:15am was at the hotel by 6:15am. The reception staff asked me to wait in restaurant and had my room ready in 45 mins. I had a complimentary cappuccino in Liwan restaurant while I waited.
Once in the room which was huge I called home to let the family know that I had arrived safely. Then took a short nap and then shower before taking the metro to Dubai mall. Metro was clean and right across the road from hotel. Cost 11AED. I was in Dubai Mall in 20 mins.
Dubai mall was amazing! Saw the fountain show at 1pm. Really big and beautiful. I ended up buying 2 jeans from American Eagle Outfitters for 260 AED. I wore these on my trip so it was worth the extra weight in my suitcase. I saw the aquarium wall, the ice skating rink and souk section of the mall. It was so hot in Dubai. 40 degrees and humid.
Took a taxi to Al Karama rental cars las vegas and went to an Indian restaurant called Bikanerwala for dinner/snacks at 5pm. I had intended rental cars las vegas to go to the Gold souk but was too tired to continue. So after my meal I took another private taxi to the hotel because couldn't find a metered cab.
Had a very good flight from Dubai. It was a 9am flight and I had my boarding pass so no rush in the morning. I flew on the A380. It always amazes me that something of that size can fly. A comfortable few hours to Rome.
Outside the luggage rental cars las vegas claim were 50 people with names waiting to pick passengers. It was a free for all but I found my lady after a few minutes and we were on our way in a minivan! rental cars las vegas There was just me and another couple and I was first on the list. I had booked the shared transfer from Viator and had no issues or problems.
On the way the driver took us around the Roman Forum and Circus Maximus. Also saw the Capitoline Museum and Vittorio Emmanuel monument. He dropped me off on Via Del Corso as the hotel is down a pedestrian lane. All I had to do was cross the street and walk 50 meters.
Note:- Here I ll quickly mention that I used my phone for directions all through the trip. I have an Iphone on Aust Vodafone plan and an option which allows me to use the plan overseas for $5 per day extra.
I did the Rick Steves walking tour on my phone which worked really well. I can t really express this feeling that comes over you when you are inside the Pantheon. It is over 2000 years and so well preserved. But as I gazed up at the oculus I thought that we may have made progress in terms of technology but maybe lost something along the way.
I walked from the Pantheon to the Basilica Santa Maria sopra Minerva. This is the only gothic church in Rome. The ceiling is absolutely stunning blue with gold stars. This was one of the few peaceful quite churches I visited.
rental cars las vegas From there I walked to the Piazza Navona. The square was packed full of tourists trying to find a spot in from of the famous fountain for a photo. I decided to sit, relax and people watch for a bit. The Fountain of the Four Rivers is topped by an impressive Egyptian obelisk. Bernini s art is spellbinding. I had booked a tour of the Villa Borghese the next day and this was just a preview of what was to come. There are 2 other fountains at either end of the square in addition to the central master piece.
There were a number of artists selling art work. I was so tempted to buy a painting from one of the sellers rental cars las vegas in the Piazza. It would look amazing in my room at home but I worried about carting it about Italy. At 5pm I felt a few drops of rain and decided to head back to hotel. On my way back I stopped at a little grocery where they were doing free liqueur tastings. I went in and tried the Limoncello which was delish but once again too early in the trip for me to purchase anything.
I had a little rest before heading out at 6:30pm for passeggiata down Via del Corso. I popped into the massive Zara store. How could I not J Could have bought loads. Everything there I would buy and wear. European Zara is excellent! But wait - I m on a shopping diet so walked away. I'm still proud of myself of having so much self control. Ladies you know what I'm saying
I went to Il Leoncino on Via Leoncino based on Elizabeth Minchilli s Rome app. I had mixed feelings about this place. Grumpy waiter but pizza was nice. I had the margherita pizza. rental cars las vegas Soft drink plus pizza for 11E.
Oh, I am going to enjoy following your journey, ozgirl07! We've stayed twice at the C sari and couldn't agree more about its great location! I imagine you walked by the Pantheon many times during your visit in Rome. This city inspires wonder awe, doesn't it?

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий