четверг, 30 августа 2012 г.

Aunt Lin! So glad you enjoyed the tour! It s already improved we got a lot of unpacking done and we


Stitch and Boots Home Recipes Preserving Recipes Cooking Basics Baking Spring Recipes All Season Recipes Summer Recipes orlando travel packages Fall Recipes Winter Recipes Kitchen Garden Backyard Flock Gardening Home Economics Sewing and Crafts Around the Farmhouse Household Management DIY Apothecary Food Matters Eat Local Food Philosophy Food Trends dairy free cooking challenge About Urban Homesteading Resources
I present this house tour to all of you, but it is especially for my friend Angela who requested MORE PICTURES and for my aunt Lin who requested MORE PICTURES from my mom.  Since Angela orlando travel packages is a close friend who helped us move and my aunt owns the house with my mom and is letting orlando travel packages us live here it is my pleasure to fulfill your requests.
You will notice that the house is in a spectacular state of dishevelment like a mistress of leisure who has just woken up after a bacchanalian night of questionable taste.  Reality, she sets in with the sunrise. orlando travel packages Behold: THE MAD CHAOS.
I was resisting showing any more house pictures because I wanted to wait until I had everything arranged and looking nice.  Since I work 30 hours a week, try to keep food on the stove, and have my kid to take care of, the shopping to do, and all those hideous chores like getting my California license and getting Max registered for school this is going to take a while.
(I need to mention that this old cabinet, which I love, is disgustingly dirty and peeling orlando travel packages and needs to be sanded and repainted but I m nearly passing out at the thought of all that work.  You can t see the grime in this picture.  I suppose you should be spared some horrors.)
We don t actually have a dining room table.  We re going to have to use our round metal patio table for a while.  My dream is to commission my friend Jim to make us a table and chairs.  Or at least a table.  His work is gorgeous.  That s my end-game with this room.
If I had money and my mom and aunt s permission I would redo this kitchen with new cabinets, a much better stove, and new flooring.  But it s not so bad as it is.  At least I have a gas stove again!  (At least until all the natural gas runs out.)
The colors on the walls and ceiling don t show up really well in my pics but they re very soothing and pretty.  The floor is carpeted in a plum-ish color.  Cat vomit shows up spectacularly well on it as do chewed up corn cobs.
If I had been redoing this house I would have chosen orlando travel packages reproduction fixtures to go with the vintage of the house but my mom and aunt, in their infinite wisdom, opted for lights with fans in almost every room.  I ve not been sad about that even once.  I think this is a particularly nice fixture for being modern.
There you have it.  These are all the rooms in the downstairs unit .*  Next up I ll give you an excessively candid tour of the upstairs unit and then, if my mom will give me permission, I will give you a tour of the back unit .
*The house is divided into three legal rental units but the upstairs and downstairs orlando travel packages units are easily convertible by the unlocking of the French doors.  The back unit is a little more separate and that s the space my mom chose for herself.
All the crap is eating me alive! Last night some progress was made in my office. Got my big project table up, Philip built the unbuilt shelf, and my friend Chelsea unpacked several boxes of fabric and put it on the shelf. Yay! The laundry situation is killing me though. I m glad you enjoyed the tour!
I don t know if I m allowed or not but I definitely want to build a laundry line we have that really long driveway orlando travel packages (reeeeeeeeeally long) and it gets tons of sunshine all day so I want to build a line there and I thought orlando travel packages I could put up a lattice fence to hide the line from people walking by on the street. I could even grow something pretty (like jasmine) on it. The back yard is nice and private but almost all shade and I think too many spiders would enjoy my laundry if it was right underneath the oak tree.
I loved the pics! thank you for letting me peek into the house again even en deshabille. Looking forward to seeing the upstairs (my apt) and the back too. BTW my friend Mary Ellen is enjoying the dining room table if you re wondering where it got to! And when the temps get up in the 90s you ll be happy for the ceiling fans. I am looking forward to seeing the place all dude-ed up and set to rights. What about a pic of the neat stove you got and does it really work? I m so happy to see you settled and enjoying the place.
OHMYGOD orlando travel packages I couldn t love those captioned photos more. Plus I love the chaos, everything is so interesting. And totally get-over-able because you just moved in. Who will judge that. I wish my house was clean and tidy and organized but sadly I m overwhelmed. What I do miss is being young and energetic where I could just get up and kick some ass around the house. Anyway it looks like a lovely home. I love the office space. Have super outdated cabinets orlando travel packages and avocado green countertops I think the kitchen looks pretty good. It looks like a happy sunny spot. Keep cool. When the weather is cooler I m going to come up for a visit. I hope that sounds fun.
Aunt Lin! So glad you enjoyed the tour! It s already improved we got a lot of unpacking done and we made the dining room into the living room and the living room into the dining room yesterday it just works better that way. Lots of sweat and cursing. The stove is in the driveway and I m going to go out there and take pictures now. The problem with it is that it s bigger than the one that s there so in order for it to fit we ll have to remove the end cabinets. Much thinking must go into how we will do it so that it looks nice and all that since we can t replace orlando travel packages all the cabinets right now. I m hoping that when we have it all duded up you ll come for a visit. You haven t been for so long and it would be wonderful to see you here! Oh and it s been in the 90 s and those fans have been much in use so I ve been thanking you and mom for installing so many of them.
Pam I knew it was you! Avocado countertops? That kitchen color is coming back into fashion now. At our last house we had an avocado colored toilet and I swear that everyone orlando travel packages who saw it (who wasn t me) was so excited and envious over it. I can t wait for you to come visit!!!!!!!!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий