пятница, 30 мая 2014 г.

And I think that having fun fruity cocktails is just part of being on a vacation in tropical locatio


Here we are! The last cruise recap. It s been so fun reliving my cruise through these posts and pictures. car rental in hawaii Thursday was another great day on my vacation, and we docked in Freeport, which is on the island of Great Bahama in the northwest area of The Bahamas. It s a beautiful island and we had a blast there!
car rental in hawaii We leave the ship and make our way through the Port of Freeport. Today, we planned car rental in hawaii another pool day at a local resort car rental in hawaii and we needed to take a taxi to get there. It was super easy to find a taxi, and we wait around with passengers from our ship until more people car rental in hawaii arrived to fill up an entire taxi. (A full taxi equaled seven people, minus the driver.)
We pay $15 each to purchase a day pass at the Grand Lucayan resort. It s a 3-5 minute walk from where the taxi dropped us off. The resort was  beautiful . It would be  such a great place to vacation! We spend our time lounging poolside, swimming, reading, and people watching. We think about renting jet skis but after finding out they cost $65 (per person) for a half-hour, we nix that plan  rull quick .
We decided to leave the resort around noon. We found an outside restaurant to eat lunch, and I treated myself car rental in hawaii to a frozen mango margarita because it sounded yummy and day drinking is a must on vacation, right? Right. (This makes me sound like a lush, but I promise I m not. When I m not on vacation, I rarely have alcoholic beverages. I think my last one was at my work s Christmas party in mid-December!)
After lunch, we walk around the shops around the area, but don t find anything worth buying. We also come upon another straw market which is the same as the one we went through in Nassau. Lots of shouting and being asked to come into their stalls. No thanks!
We take a taxi back to the port, where we do some shopping. My mom finds a nice shirt for her fiance and I poke around a few shops in search of something, but nothing strikes my fancy. Oh, well! We eventually make our way back on the ship.
After dropping our things off in our cabin, we head up to the lido deck in search of sweets. And we are pleased to find out that it s Chocolate Extravaganza time! Lots of chocolate treats to choose from, but nothing that I really love. I eat some, but not much.
Carnival gets all the past guests together for a fun party on the last day of the cruise. Mom and I are currently Gold members, which is the lowest level. We receive a yummy free drink, appetizers, and see a cute presentation that talks about the cruise line and cheer for the ships you ve been on when you mention them. (My mom and I have done Inspiration, Freedom, Paradise, and Liberty!) (It s so stupid, but I tend to get choked up during this. WHY, EMOTIONS?! car rental in hawaii You be strange.) And then, they play music and people car rental in hawaii came on stage to dance! (Not me. I do not dance.) It was a fun little event, though, and you can t deny the free drink is  totes worth it. (Oh, god, I really do sound like a lush!)
Mom and I went back to our cabin after the event and play a few rounds of Scattegories. Then, we were both exhausted from our really hard, busy day of sitting poolside in a tropical island and drinking at a party. (LIFE IS SO HARD, YOU GUYS!) So we take naps!
At dinner tonight, I order a BBQ chicken flatbread for my appetizer that was out of this world amazing (I m still dreaming about it!). For my main course, I have steak and whipped potatoes. And for dessert, warm chocolate melting cake! I felt a little underwhelmed with the food on this cruise ship. There were good options, but nothing that really appealed to me, so I felt like I kept eating the same stuff.
car rental in hawaii We go back to the cabin so we can pack our bags and get everything ready to go. We prefer to do our own debarkation (rather than leaving our suitcases outside our cabin for Carnival to take from the ship to the port terminal) since it means we can usually leave 1-2 hours earlier. car rental in hawaii At the end of a cruise, I m ready to be off the ship and on the road home as soon as possible! We don t do much tonight, car rental in hawaii just getting our things ready to go and reading in bed. Very low-key night! And look at our towel animal for Thursday night! We found him hanging from our ceiling. Too cute, too cute!
A couple years ago, we took advantage of an excursion to a Sandals resort in Jamaica and it was one of my favorite excursions yet! My favorite part of vacation is just relaxing at the beach or pool, so this combined both of those things perfectly!
I m sad your recaps are over! My family has been raving about the food that will be on our cruise so I have high hopes, crossing my fingers I m not let down! I don t drink a lot either car rental in hawaii but I m definitely going to indulge on the cruise. How often can one drink a margarita car rental in hawaii at 11am and have it be 100% acceptable?!
That resort looks beautiful. Even though I am at the end of a fairly relaxing 5 week break from work, the thought of a relaxing beach vacation is still very appealing. Sounds like you guys had a really great time on this trip (as usual!). The towel animals are so cute!
And I think that having fun fruity cocktails is just part of being on a vacation in tropical location. I d do the same, although I guess I d have to get them made N/A if possible due to my restriction on how much alcohol I can have due to my one medication. :/
Hi! I'm Stephany, a twenty-something young professional living in Florida. On this blog, you will find stories about my life, details car rental in hawaii about my health and faith struggles, book reviews, and ponderings of the future. I love dachshunds, football, carbs, car rental in hawaii cruises, and stepping out of my comfort zone.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий