четверг, 29 мая 2014 г.

The hotel is at Piazza Santa Maria Novella 7. It is a chic boutique hotel and staying there is like


How we use your email Fodor's may use your e-mail usave car rentals address to send you relevant information usave car rentals on site updates, account changes, usave car rentals and offers. usave car rentals For more information about your privacy and protection, please review our full Privacy Policy .
I've booked, but can cancel, the Orseolo in Venice and the Pendini in Florence. I would appreciate any comments on either of these hotels. Plus/minus usave car rentals appreciated. usave car rentals If you think I could have selected "better" options, I'm all ears (eyes). This is my first visit to these cities, although I've been to Italy a number usave car rentals of times.
Also, my travel companion would like to buy Italian shoes. Any good places to shop in the central city areas (near our hotels) in Venice and/or Florence? We are not interested in trying to get to the designer outlet(s). Not enough time in the schedule for that!
I loved the Locanda Orseolo in Venice, good choice. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the breakfast was delicious and atmospheric, seeing gondolas glide past the lead-paned windows as you ate was wonderful. We arrived and left via water taxi so we entered through their special water door which was a never to be forgotten experience.
In Florence, visit these three streets: via Tornabuoni, via dei Calzaiuoli, via della Vigna Nuova, usave car rentals there are shops and shops and shops. If your companion loves shoes the Ferragamo shoe museum is worth a visit.
Re: the water door.... We are arriving Venice usave car rentals airport at 2pm. Would a water taxi (I know, expensive) take us DIRECTLY to this water door of the hotel? Just wondering. usave car rentals Otherwise, what is the best way to get to the hotel?
You are welcome simpson. Re: the water door, yes the water taxi will take you right up to the water door and the driver will help you off, there will be a hotel staff member there to assist you and the transferring of your luggage. It is not cheap (it was 100 euro when we did it in 2011) but to us it was worth not only the convenience but for the experience usave car rentals of it, was a bit like being in a James Bond movie!
There are occasions when the water in the side canals is too low to access but the driver would advise you of that, and in that case you could be dropped usave car rentals off at the San Marco vaporetto stop and walk from there, it is not too far. The hotel will send you a map of how to find the hotel.
Thanks Dukey1. I am sure my friend will find LOTS of shoes, and various other items as well... ! I'm not sure if "made in Italy" will be a determining factor whether to buy or not, but having a huge selection will be very enticing. She got a number of pairs in Paris (maybe usave car rentals 5 pairs?) last year, and I doubt she checked the label that closely.
raincitygirl, once again, thank you! I have no doubt that we will do the water taxi right to the door since we will each have a large suitcase plus carry-on bags and purses! Did you have to pre book that taxi, or do you get it when you go to the water taxi stand near the airport? Does the Orseolo need to know ahead of time that we will use that water door?
I got an email with the map to locate the hotel! Wow! Looks like an easy one to miss if you don't know where to look. I had read a comment about its location (here? usave car rentals on TA? on booking dot com? not sure where I read it). The map helps a lot.
You can just go to the water taxi stand at the airport. The hotel doesn't need to know ahead of time, we just turned up. The door opens onto the breakfast room and the check in desk is nearby so they know as soon as the boat approaches. It is pretty cool to pop through that door and make an entrance usave car rentals like none other into a hotel!
We were there on a weekend when the Pope was making a visit, (unbeknown to us beforehand) and as they were setting up Piazza San Marco for his visit they had police blocking many of the streets and re-routing people, this caused me to get lost and walk in circles for ages, ha ha, I have never been so happy to see a hotel again as I was that day.
I just returned from a trip to Italy and stayed at Locanda Orseolo for the second time. I didn't take the water taxi to the hotel. usave car rentals We took the bus to Pz. Roma, the vaporetto to San Marco Valleressa and walked the short route to the hotel. I've stayed there before so I knew where to go.
Look for a walkway off of the San Marco's main drag called Sottoportegho Cavelletto. If you are facing the bell tower it is on the left on the opposite side from Cafe Florian. There is an Olivetti museum/shop on the corner so look for that and you will know you are in the right place.
Continue straight to an entrance with an iron gate. That is Corte Zorzi. Enter the gate, turn right and you will be in a little piazza. The hotel is in this Corte to the right. There is a red canopy with the hotel's name on it.
We will spend two nights in Orvieto before heading to Rome. I have very dear Italian friends who want to show us around "their" Umbria for a couple of days. I have stayed before in Orvieto, twice at Piccolomini and once at Duomo. We will stay at Duomo again this time. I know that it is well located, near the big duomo square.
I am now in Paris after staying 4 nights at the Hotel Casci in Florence. which by the way was a return visit for me. I love the hotel. It is a budget or moderate price depending on your definition of price points.
Good morning Carol! You asked about JKPlace hotel? usave car rentals It is very well located, being in the Piazza Santa Maria Novella, not far from the train station, and only a block or two from the famous Farmacia Santa Maria Novella which is worth a look even if only to see the lovely interior usave car rentals of the shop. We walked everywhere from this hotel, over the river to Oltrarno, up to the Boboli Gardens, to the Duomo etc etc.
The hotel is at Piazza Santa Maria Novella 7. It is a chic boutique hotel and staying there is like staying in your own townhouse in Florence. Wonderful friendly, helpful staff, lovely ambiance, breakfast included as well as snacks available during the day, cold drinks in your mini fridge.
tdk, I will have a look. Thank you! So far, Pendini has been in touch with me by email and they "seem" very nice and it sounds like they want to be helpful. But, I can certainly cancel the res if something just as appealing (or more so) should come up. Thank you!
I think I like the decor of Pendini better usave car rentals than Casci (I know, photos can be touched up...). Pendini is listed in Rick Steves Florence pocket guide under $$$... (expensive). I also saw where someone else (maybe on TA) had stayed and liked it a lot.
Dukey, is it advantageous usave car rentals to stay near the train station in Florence? Central usave car rentals location is most important for us. To me, Pendini looks to be well located, although it isn't too far from the train station, according to the map.
Sorry, Paula, I just noticed your posting about the J K. Thank you! It does sound (and look) lovely, but I think since we are just two teachers (one retired...me, and one still working...M) we will not spend the $$$$ for J K Place.
I have recently returned from a trip to Europe in March 2014. We stayed in the Hotel Pendini in Florence and recommend it highly. We also stayed at the Pendini in March 2011. It is a family run hotel located on levels 3 and 4, but not ground level. There are 2 elevators (and a lovely staircase) located at the end of a 30 m long corridor that provides street access. This has an added benefit to get you away from street noise.
The rooms (I think) are each unique. This is not a cookie-cutter usave car rentals hotel. You might want to request a room that overlooks Piazza della Repubblica. These rooms also provide a nice view of the Duomo. If your room fronts usave car rentals on the Piazza, you might experience some late evening noise due to the Piazza restaurants usave car rentals found nearby. There is a Hard Rock caf just around the corner at the intersection of Via del Campidoglio and Via de Brunelleschi. The hotel's breakfast service is excellent, usave car rentals offering a wide range of food that I am sure will meet all your needs. Linen tablecloths, silver service, comfortable, upholstered chairs etc. are found in the breakfast room.
I'm not good at giving advice on shoe purchases - but I know you will have lots of choice. On the other hand if you are interested in Ferrari spin-offs, there is a Ferrari store (not a dealership) directly underneath the hotel at street level.
I think the Pendini looks good and the location is perfect, and now having a recent comment from teacherCanada,it sounds very good value! (I will bookmark this one also) If you don't want to walk from the station you can get a taxi.
For your shopping friend I also recommend checking out the department store La Rinascente which is on Piazza della Repubblica, so very close to your hotel! If you go to their website before your trip you can print off a coupon giving you 10% off as an international visitor, plus you get the tax back when you spend a certain amount. www.rinascente.it
We recently stayed at Tourist House Ghiberti, which we both loved. Rooms are big, bright and have every sort of amenity, including a computer, that one could imagine in a budget hotel. The owner/manager is very quiet; usave car rentals very very quiet. Pretty low affect, I would say. They run a very nice little usave car rentals hotel, but if you're looking for smiles and friendliness, as well as ease of asking for questions and guidance, it might not be the best fit.
For anyone returning to Florence, without much need of interaction with the hotel desk, I highly recommend Tourist House Ghiberti. Far above and beyond anything available at the price that I'm familiar with.
Thank you tuscan. I think I prefer the interaction with the front desk. Pendini has already emailed, usave car rentals offering to give advice/help with museum tickets, etc. Since this is my first time to actually STAY in Florence, I like that interaction. But thank you for the Tourist House suggestion. Maybe it will be fine when I visit Florence the next time.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий