вторник, 26 февраля 2013 г.

Anytime I take a trip, the only part I really plan out is where to stay. I book flights in a matter


With the recent changes in the Hilton HHonors loyalty program (among others), I started thinking about whether loyalty to any program hotel hacienda beach resort cabo is worth it. Originally I wanted to write a general post on any brand loyalty program but I m going to stick to hotels. First off Working for an airline, I am a bit biased (Ok, major bias) when it comes to loyalty programs. Between the flight benefits and various industry discounts, I don t often have a chance in accruing loyalty as the discounts void any points/loyalty earning bonuses. So, I usually book a cheaper hotel rate rather than pay a higher premium for a chance to earn certain benefits, which frankly, hotel hacienda beach resort cabo I don t find worth the extra cost. Though at times I do book the standard rate, which is sometimes equal to the airline discount hotel hacienda beach resort cabo rate.
Anytime I take a trip, the only part I really plan out is where to stay. I book flights in a matter of seconds but I spend quite a bit of time on the accommodations. I like going through various websites, reading reviews and seeing hotel hacienda beach resort cabo what I think I ll like. More importantly, I am always on the fence on whether to book one of the loyalty programs I am a part of or find a different place to stay altogether. I am a member of both Starwood Preferred Guest Hyatt Gold Passport hotel hacienda beach resort cabo although I ve never reached the highest tier level on either one. I ve been with SPG for a few years now and I recently joined Hyatt. Both programs are great, both have nice benefits, and both have fantastic customer service. I ve reached out to Starwood (@SPG) and Hyatt (@HyattPR) on Twitter multiple times and every time they are able to solve an issue within minutes, even if I am on the go at 37,000 feet. That being said, I only book at these places hotel hacienda beach resort cabo maybe half of the time.
There are a few main issues I have with hotel loyalty. The first being that I am a pretty simple person. When I stay somewhere I don t need a giant room or a suite. I travel hotel hacienda beach resort cabo so I can explore a new place, not so I can relax in a room in a hotel. A lot of people enjoy loyalty so they can use the benefits hotel hacienda beach resort cabo including free wireless, free upgrades to suites, free breakfast, etc. Well, I simply don t care. I need a bed and a shower and I am set to go.
This brings us to the second point price. If you re not top tier in the loyalty program then you don t get all the benefits and you end up spending hotel hacienda beach resort cabo more than just the daily rate for the room. I ll often seek out hotels that give free wireless internet and more just for staying at the hotel. Anytime you stay at a hotel you should be treated like a top tier guest not just if you actually are. A good hotel will make sure that happens. Often I can find a similar or even cheaper room that has the same amount of benefits as one of the major programs. In this case, it makes more sense for me to book at the local hotel.
Loyalty programs/points have a purpose Just not for me, at least not all the time. I will book multiple stays with both Hyatt and Starwood this year but for some of my travels, I will book a new hotel experience. I don t need or want the consistent experience nor do I need the points. I don t play the game enough to utilize them to their full potential anyway.
Nice write-up! I ll be foregoing elite status at many chains this year and returning to your style of hotel selection, which was how I went about it back in the day. Elite status has been nice, but saving money these days is more important to me.
After spending several years in the finance world Bruce left the trading floor of Chicago for the tarmac of O'Hare. When he is not loading 747s, he is traveling to a new destination every week, and logging more than 100,000 miles a year in the air.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий