вторник, 31 декабря 2013 г.

Has anyone on the forum used the charging pad to recharge several things at one time? I haven't read


Many people post here asking whether their electronic devices would work in Europe without posting what kind of electrical input the devices can accept. All it takes is to post the electrical spec listed on the label. They are usually found close to regulatory compliance symbols such as "UL".
First check whether you need a step-down transformer (converter) to charge your appliances, as most nowadays are universal voltage (look for an indication like 100-240V stamped on the charger). Then all you need is a US multi-outlet extension cord fitted with European continental adaptor for two round pins (Italy doesn't normally use the third earth hole, like France). You won't overload as chargers use miniscule power. Just check that your extension cord can handle 230V supply.
Unless you particularly need the extension part, you could just take an outlet plug that lets you plug in three things. Plug your Italy plug adapter in and then this (or a similar type, but this one grounds).
Has anyone on the forum used the charging pad to recharge several things at one time? I haven't read much about them, but it sounds like it would save hauling around a lot of cords. The adapters appear to be small. It sounds too good to be true, so I'm sure I'm not understanding the functions.
It is a pad on which multiple mobile devices can be charged at the same time. You must have the adapter for each unit, but they are small. I'm not sure if cameras are included as possible units to charge. I've only seen it on tv, but it sounds great. I'm going to check it out this week when I go to Dallas.
Well, the multiple plugs are fine and dandy, but I always branson missouri lodging like to bring an actual extension cord. Usually the only plug in many older hotels and apartments are hidden branson missouri lodging somewhere behind an chest of drawers or other inaccessible place, and the cord on my lap top or cell phone charger will not reach. What a PITA! With an extension cord I can place the device somewhere I can actually reach it.
BTW, no danger of overloading an extension cord made to carry 110 volt current with 220 volt. The higher the voltage, the thinner the wires can be -- more or less. I know it startled me when I first saw how European homes were wired. branson missouri lodging It looked branson missouri lodging to me as if they had used bell cord wiring.
If you take an extension branson missouri lodging cord with you and find out that the outlet branson missouri lodging near where you want to use your hair dryer is too far away - don't use the extension cord for that purpose. branson missouri lodging I thought it would be a clever idea to take an extension cord for the hair dryer. Every time we fired up the dryer, the in-line circuit breaker on the dryer tripped. We had to wait several micutes to try it again - and it tripped again. After removing the extension cord, it worked branson missouri lodging fine.
In the US extension cords should carry the Underwriters Labs (UL) mark, signifying that they've been tested to UL standards. Those standards are that the insulation must be ok to around 600V or thereabouts.
Logos bring up the legal point that if an item doesn't branson missouri lodging carry the European seal of approval (CE marking) then it isn't ok to use them in Europe. His point of law is valid. The European standard for insulation (shielding) is different than the UL/US standard. I'm not going to argue it's better or worse - just different.
Nukesafe's comments about being able to use a thinner wire at 220V is also correct. You will draw a lot less current at 220V compared to 110V, so the risk of wires overheating is lower, so it's the insulation that's the question.
Based on my own understanding of electricity and UL requirements I am comfortable using my UL approved US extension cord when I travel to Europe. I never use an extension cord for anything that is made to generate branson missouri lodging heat. Hot pot, iron, hair dryer, etc. I only use it for electronics like cell phone, computer, camera. branson missouri lodging All of those items I have are rated for 100-240V.
branson missouri lodging If it needs a converter I don't take it. Converters are heavy and burn out, IME. I also find that converters and some 110 volt appliances do not play well together, with the appliance being the loser.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий