вторник, 31 декабря 2013 г.

My take on the 14-140 that it's more suited for a trip to the America's National Parks than Old Euro


Active 101 Active Discussions Latest Image Threads Native Lens Sample Image Archive Adapted Lens Sample Image Archive Donate Make a donation Shop our affiliates Buy & Sell Buy & Sell Forum Hot Deals Forum
Bear in mind I am a relative amateur photographer just getting into the hobby. This was a fairly inexpensive lens selection I was able to put together. My goal was to have a variety of lenses to cover the various settings that Italy has to offer.... Rome, Venice, Florence, Tuscany.
So the question is, did I make good choices and will I have any regrets with my choices when I end up on my vacation? I don't mind picking up another lens and maybe resell rent a car in dallas after my trip is something is really lacking.
I think you have a pretty good kit. My wife and I went to the Tuscany region and Rome for our honeymoon last September. The majority of the time I used the 12-50 lens on my E-M5 and your 14-42 will work well too. The other three lenses I used were the Panasonic 20mm, Samyang 7.5mm fisheye (excellent for cathedral interiors!), and the Olympus 40-150 telephoto. When walking around, just sight seeing and not having a set scene or vision in mind, the zoom is ideal. I switched to the 20mm in the evenings, some low light interiors, and times I wanted more creative control. I actually got a lot of use out of the 7.5mm. I found so many good opportunities rent a car in dallas to use it from cathedral interiors, Roman ruins, to beautiful vast scenery. This would be a lens I would recommend adding if you were to only add one more. I used the 40-150 the least, but I was able to get a handful of photos that my other lenses could not have created. In particular in Florence, going up to Parco Bardini for an amazing view of the city during sunset and being able to bring in distant subjects such as the Ponte Vecchio bridge.
I really enjoyed this kit and having it all fit into a small camera bag. I bought a used Domke F-803 just before the trip to have a comfortable shoulder courier style bag. All my camera gear and some other daily travel gear all fit in the bag easily. I highly recommend rent a car in dallas a comfortable rent a car in dallas bag since most likely you'll be walking and carrying it a lot. With my previous 4/3 kit, I used a camera backpack, but found that to be much less convenient. A shoulder bag lets you so easily put the camera away and access what you need without taking a backpack off.
My take on the 14-140 that it's more suited for a trip to the America's National Parks than Old Europe, where the people and the sights are packed in tight. So you're rent a car in dallas carrying the longer length of that zoom but likely to be using it at the wide end. Not that it's that big, being about the same size as the 40-150, but when I go into a store or shop carrying a camera, I would rather have a pancake lens. Out West, we're in parks and on the road. There, I could carry two or more cameras and not care.
Thanks for the comments. I am still trying to figure what bag I'll want to use while our there. I want some sort of multi purpose bag. A sling bag that can hold the camera gear and other items we may want while walking around. I'll keep looking around.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий