пятница, 28 марта 2014 г.

The elegant traditional tokonoma decorative recess in my room contained a hanging embroidered obi sa


There is a beautiful little Japanese garden tucked right into the middle of the property, its waterfall and koi pond making soothing splashing noises that you can hear in the small lounge area next to the welcome desk.
My room had nice Japanese touches like sliding shoji screens and a deep soaking tub; ask for a Traditional Suite if you want to experience a full-on ryokan -style tatami mat room with a futon on the floor.
The elegant traditional tokonoma decorative recess in my room contained a hanging embroidered obi sash and vase, but it brought back memories of my fellow American Navy neighbors living miami beach hotel wedding out in town in Sasebo; we often put our TV sets into our house s tokonoma , much to the tut-tutting of Japanese landlords.
( Disclosure : my room at the Drake was free because some of my travel expenses miami beach hotel wedding were covered as a tourism conference speaker, but I d definitely stay there again on my own dime. I ran prices and there are AAA, government and AARP discounts plus packages that get the Drake s price below $200 a night, which is good for that location in San Francisco. I paid for my own room at the Kabuki.)
I m a sucker for historic miami beach hotel wedding hotels that don t feel fusty or stuck in the past; the elegant but friendly Sir Francis Drake Hotel is an older gal who still knows how to kick up her heels. Opened in 1928 and now part of the Kimpton chain, miami beach hotel wedding it s decorated miami beach hotel wedding in a nice mix of Art Deco, mid-century modernish and wildly colorful overstuffed velvet brothel styles.
Many recommended it for breakfast (they have a signature Swedish pancake dish) but I ended up there for a late lunch, eating steamed mussels at the bar following by a ridiculously decadent homemade butterscotch pudding dessert.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий