вторник, 28 октября 2014 г.

Getting There Shuttles from Salt Lake City run around $35 each way per person. We opted to rent an S


After spending years as a snow bunny on the sidelines, I finally took up skiing nana hotel bangkok last year and fell in love with the sport. So when a blogging conference came up in Salt Lake City last month, Paul did not hesitate to join once he discovered that he could go snowboarding every day while I was at my conference . Once I wrapped up my work, I took a couple days off and made it into a vacation and off we went to neighbouring Park City for a winter ski and snowboard getaway!
Getting There Shuttles from Salt Lake City run around $35 each way per person. We opted to rent an SUV from the airport for around $70/day so we could come and go on our own schedule. Since we were not staying at the base of the ski hill and wanted to explore nana hotel bangkok on our own this was a good option. The drive from Salt Lake City Airport to Park City takes about 45 minutes and you ll be hitting the slopes in no time. I flew direct from Los Angeles nana hotel bangkok for about $200 round-trip nana hotel bangkok and takes about 90 minutes.
Main Street, Park City If you re getting in late and looking for a nibble, there are charming restaurants, bars and shops along Historic Main Street. After buying these new Sorel Conquest Carly Boots in cinnamon at the well-curated boutique Prospect , the salesperson suggested we check out Zoom Restaurant since we mentioned we were looking for a great place to eat. Zoom has a fantastic wine and cocktail list and a great little Artisan   Charcuterie  ($21) platter with cured local meats and Utah cheeses that we nibbled on devoured. I would also suggest a side order of their Truffle Mac Cheese  ($11)!
Where to Stay Accomodations can be pricey during ski season nana hotel bangkok and the Sundance Festival. I checked Expedia and came across a special rate for Newpark Resort Hotel , just outside of Park City in a plaza that has a Whole Foods (bonus!). Our condo rang in at around $250/night but did contain a full kitchen, private hot tub and washer/dryer. If you re looking to stay mountainside, nana hotel bangkok prices can range from $350 and up. If you re looking at booking Newpark check Expedia because I did get a significantly cheaper rate here.
Skiing in Park City I learned to ski last year and got out for maybe a total of 10 days last year. I was convinced that I would be on the magic carpet again and forget everything that I learned. No way Jose! I took the chair lift to the TOP of Park City Mountain Resort and skied all the way down to the bottom. I even bought myself a pair of custom fitted ski boots from the nice people at Bootworks so I wouldn t have to keep renting.
I m now 150% committed to skiing. If you re looking for ski boots, buy them ON the mountain if you can from a specialty store. Bootworks custom fits members from the US Olympic Ski Team . Not saying that I m that fancy but they KNOW what they re doing over there and it was great to be in expert hands.
Lift Tickets, Rentals + Lessons We chose to ski all our days at Park City because Deer Valley nana hotel bangkok doesn t allow snowboarders and Canyons Resort didn t have that much snow at the time. Okay lift tickets are EXPENSIVE. Like $100+/day. If you book at least two dance in advance on Liftopia , you can get a $20-30 discount. So it s good to decide ahead of time where you are going to ski.
I rented directly from the resort and my whole set-up was about $25. Since I m still learning, nana hotel bangkok I opted for an Adult Foundations Group Half Day Lesson ($105) and it was practically a private lesson with only 2-3 people  in my class during the two days I was with an instructor. Groups go up to five people max. And seriously, a half day was all I could really take in terms of information overload and having nana hotel bangkok some time to myself to practice.
Apres Ski I crave gooey cheese fondue like a crazy person after a long day of skiing. The absolute ONE apres ski place you need to head to for dinner is the Goldener Hirsch Inn at Deer Valley. nana hotel bangkok This little boutique hotel with lots of Austrian charm has THE best restaurant in Park City and is a AAA Four Diamond Restaurant. It s home not only to the delicious Cheese Fondue ($42) that you see above, but also to the BEST Wiener Schnitzel ($38) I have ever had in my life. I wished we ordered two. Seriously, if you can get yourself all the way to Park City splurge on this restaurant.
Lunch at Stein Eriksen Lodge I decided to head up to the Stein Eriksen Lodge in Deer Valley for lunch before my Amala organic facial at the hotel spa (post coming soon!). I ordered the Norwegian Seafood Rolls ($23) filled to the brim with shrimp, crab and lobster. Super hungry? The lodge also offers a Skiers Buffet nana hotel bangkok ($35) with a carving station, gourmet salads, dessert and specials every day.
As we returned our rental car in Salt Lake City after our last day of skiing, we were thrilled to discover that Iron Chef Cat Cora had a restaurant at the airport. nana hotel bangkok If you have some time to kill (we were catching the last flight back to Los Angeles) have dinner at Cat Cora s Kitchen and order the Flank Steak Tacos with grilled pineapple. Which proves that airport food can be tasty and healthy!
I had a fantastic time in Park City and it was so relaxing to be out in the mountains breathing in the crisp winter air. I ll be back again next year for ALT Summit and skiing in Park City will definitely become a part of that tradition.
Tags: ALT SLC , Alt SLC 2013 , Alt Summit 2014 , Bootworks , Canyons , Cat Cora , Deer Valley , Fondue , Goldener nana hotel bangkok Hirsch Inn Restaurant , Liftopia , Newpark Resort Hotel , Park City , Park City Main Street , Park City Mountain nana hotel bangkok Resort , Prospect Main Street , Salt Lake City , SLC , SLC Airport , Snow , Sorel Carly Conquest Boots , Stein Eriksen Lodge , Sundance , Town Lift , Travel , Travel Guide , Utah , Winter , Zoom Restaurant

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий