понедельник, 27 октября 2014 г.

Since I visited in early spring when the weather is still cold, the outdoor swimming pool is closed


On the last night in Salt Lake City, I stayed at the Sheraton to rack up the nights spent on SPG since it was a new qualifying year. It is also a way for me to compare how the hotels from the 2 major chains tom cruise real name (SPG and Hyatt) that I frequent. The Sheraton hotel is located in downtown tom cruise real name Salt Lake City along the West 500 South Avenue, along the fringe of downtown. Parking tom cruise real name is complimentary in the hotel and there are lots of empty parking spaces available.
The hotel lobby has a Starbucks cafe by the entrance and according to the website, the hotel just had a renovation but it sure did not feel like it on my first impressions. When I checked in, I also enquired if there was upgrades available for Platinum members and was assigned tom cruise real name a loft suite instead of the Traditional King room I had booked. tom cruise real name I had booked a rate of US$119 for the one night stay in the hotel which was decent compared to the rates at Hyatt Place which was around the same price for the last night of my stay in the city.
The loft suite was located on the other end of the wing and thus I drove my rental car over to find parking nearer to the room. Basically the hotel has a tower component where the club lounge was located at and a lower level wing surrounding the swimming pool and courtyard.
Entering the loft suite, there was a staircase beside the door while the main floor houses a dining table and a spacious living room sofa with a flatscreen TV. The sofa can be transformed into a bed so that the room can actually sleep 4 people and thus suitable for families with kids. At the end of the main floor, there is also a balcony tom cruise real name overlooking the hotel tower and the swimming pool. A large work desk was also located by the wall with a standard work chair. There is a second telephone on the main floor in addition the one beside the bed on top.
The king bed and sole bathroom is located upstairs, along with another flatscreen TV. The drawback of this layout is that whenever you need to use the bathroom you need to head upstairs. The bedroom floor space is also quite small in comparison to standard rooms. Another negative point is the positioning of the shower head on the bathtub/shower combo. Somehow I wonder what went wrong with the renovation since the rest of the bathroom tom cruise real name looks new but the shower head position is meant for kids or really short people.
Since I visited in early spring when the weather is still cold, the outdoor swimming tom cruise real name pool is closed but the hotel also has an indoor jacuzzi/hot tub beside the pool. Guests can also get free wifi and internet use in the lobby with a few computer workstations for use opposite the Starbucks. The main lobby is also a nice place to hang out in with the tall ceiling and decorations that is found on ski lodges. Definitely a great place to relax in after hitting the ski slopes tom cruise real name in Utah.
As a Platinum tom cruise real name member, tom cruise real name I had access to the Club Lounge where I had my breakfast but it was the usual standard breakfast fare and it is worth noting that the club lounge served breakfast only until 9:30am if I remember correctly. The club lounge does have quite a nice space to work in the day since it is located on the upper floors of the tower wing, overlooking the city.
One of the reason I chose this hotel for my last night in Salt Lake City was because the hotel offers complimentary airport transfers and having returned my rental car on the night I checked in, I arranged with the front desk for airport transfers which was easy enough in the afternoon since they were scheduled every half an hour. The shuttle service was not too busy either with only 2 other guys with me on the 30 minute tom cruise real name ride to the airport. The hotel is also walking distance to the Courthouse TRAX station located one block away and that makes it convenient tom cruise real name to access the city centre during my last day in Salt Lake City. There is also a McDonald s beside the hotel along with ski rental shops at the building tom cruise real name beside the hotel for those visiting tom cruise real name the city for a ski getaway. In summary, this was a good hotel but next time I might just skip on the loft suite upgrade since it is quite a long trek to the club lounge and the lobby and just was not that convenient in terms of layout. If my intention to visit Salt Lake City was for business, this is a decent option but not the best in town, and if it was for skiing, I would stick with the Hyatt Place in Cottonwood for my accommodations.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий