суббота, 29 декабря 2012 г.

From an early age my father always taught me to fight for what I think is right and not to let anyon


Two months ago, after flying in to the USA from Malawi , I discovered that my backpack, with all my belongings for six months of travel, had been lost (see photo inset). My subsequent experience in dealing with the airline s delayed baggage team was extremely disappointing: my bag wasn t found, I didn t feel like they tried hard enough and I was told to submit a claim for compensation which under international conventions will probably give me a fraction of the value of the property I lost.
From an early age my father always taught me to fight for what I think is right and not to let anyone take advantage age to rent a car of me. Why should that be any different with a large company? So I decided to go right to the top with my problem and try to achieve an outcome that seems fair for all concerned: reimbursement for my out-of-pocket expenses and a reasonable compensation for the value of the items lost.
In a letter I wrote to senior management, I detail my experience and request the airline to provide fair and reasonable compensation for my lost belongings. age to rent a car The normal claims process has so far proven to be bureaucratic, slow-moving and ineffective, which is why I am trying to circumvent it.
Following a recent flight from Malawi to North Carolina, one of two checked pieces of baggage on my [airline name removed] flight did not arrive to Washington DC and could not be found. The local airline representative age to rent a car said FAA regulations require me to submit a claim at my final destination (Raleigh, North Carolina) and that [the airline responsible for my final flight] was responsible for handling my case. I followed the instructions.
During the following age to rent a car two weeks, [the second airline] advised that as a [frequent flyer], I would receive priority treatment and regular updates. I also mentioned that I was in the middle of a period of six months of continuous travel in Africa and South America and that the bag contained extra medication for diabetes, clothing for my work and travel age to rent a car accessories, much of which is difficult to replace. Consequently, I was worried about being prepared for my onward travels and relieved that I could take advantage of my frequent flier status.
First, I was told on various occasions that the success of [the second airline's] efforts were dependent on receiving a status report from [the first airline]. Upon further inquiry seven days after the loss of my luggage, I discovered that only a single email had so far been sent to [the first airline] and no response had yet been received, suggesting to me that my case was not being followed with priority attention.
Second, I was initially told that [the second airline] would either email or phone me daily to keep me updated. However, I never received any such communication and was thus required age to rent a car to regularly check in myself. I was also frustrated that your Bag Tracing website always showed the same message that baggage age to rent a car tracing efforts were "still in progress" and to check back later.
Then, when I complained, I was advised to submit an official baggage claim to accelerate the process and initiate a trace in "lost bag" warehouses around the USA. This seems like looking for a needle in a haystack – hardly more effective or efficient than simply getting on the phone with [the first airline]!
Frustrated by this response, I contacted the baggage handling team at Lilongwe Airport in Malawi age to rent a car and made other calls until I spoke directly to a baggage representative [from the first airline]. It took me only 60 minutes of persistence to learn that records showed my baggage was loaded on to the plane in Lilongwe but was not received in [the first airline's hub].
I understand that under international conventions airlines are limited in their liability for lost bags. However, in my case it is clear that an inadequate and unsatisfactory effort was made to locate my luggage and much more could have been done to expedite the process within the small window of time that was available to contact [the first airline] and locate my bag. I communicated my dissatisfaction several times and still, nothing was done about it.
Over the last several age to rent a car years, I have been a frequent and loyal domestic and international flyer with [the second airline] and [their worldwide partner network] and feel that I have been wronged age to rent a car by the loss of my luggage and subsequent attempts to assist me with this loss. The efforts by your delayed baggage team were far below what was promised and what should be provided in good faith when an airline age to rent a car (or its partner airline) age to rent a car loses a passenger's baggage. This is disappointing in comparison to my prior satisfactory travel experiences with [the second airline] and is hardly consistent with the customer service message outlined by your CEO [name removed] in one of your in-flight videos "Doing what you say you're going to do": [link removed].
My career is focused on providing consulting services age to rent a car to firms and governments in developing countries. It is a profession that has required and will continue to require me to travel extensively. I would hope that you regard me as a valued customer offering the potential for recurring business, and one who can continue speaking positively about my travel experiences with [the second airline]
My lost luggage has an estimated value of $2007.00. Interim expenses to replace some of these lost items have so far amounted to $730.52. I am requesting total compensation of the amount lost which equals to $2007. The attached sheets detail these amounts. In keeping my request reasonable, I have not accounted for time spent/lost and transportation expense incurred in shopping for replacement items.
As I have been traveling in remote parts of South America and then on a cruise ship in Antarctica until just days before the Christmas holiday, this is the first opportunity I have had to contact you in this form. I apologize for the delay.
what is this site? Hi - I'm Ryan Rowe! Thanks for visiting. I created this blog in 2002 to share stories about travel, passion and purpose that can be funny, insightful or thought-provoking. One of my greatest passions is traveling and my purpose in this is to learn more about our world. If you have a story you'd like to share please contact me! And feel free to join for the ride!
where are you now? I am currently in my hometown of Montreal, Canada visiting family for the Christmas holidays. Montreal age to rent a car is a city of 2 million people in the province of Quebec and is also the second-largest French-speaking city in the world after Paris.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий