понедельник, 31 декабря 2012 г.

Other Game notes: The Devils swapped players on the injured reserve list. New Jersey removed D David


Trip Notes: Took a Friday night Jet Blue red eye flight into JFK. Went strait to my hotel, after I arrived sometime after 5am on Saturday. The hotel was within walking distance to most everything in upper Manhattan. Walked to Penn Station, about a mile, to hop on a bus to go to the Continental Airlines Center (New Jersey Devils) for an afternoon game. Later that night, I took a stroll around upper Manhattan visiting the area around Rockefeller Center, Radio City, and the theatre district. It was a fairly warm evening so the Rockefeller ice rink was a bit slushy flightticket auction from what I could tell. I didn't have my skates so I didn't have a chance flightticket auction to skate. Lots of people were out and about so I didn't flightticket auction feel the least bit worried about walking around the city by myself. Next came a night out on the town. Met up with a friend flightticket auction for a few beers. I can't remember the names of the bars, but I do remember having an amazing time. Had one too many Guinness'. We ended up closing down the bars. Definitely a fun city! Sunday evening I went to an early game at Madison Square flightticket auction Gardens (New York Rangers). It's right next to Penn Station so it was close to the same walk that I made yesterday. Monday flightticket auction morning I got on the subway and took a train to Long Island where I would be going to my last game of the trip.Nassau Coliseum (New York Islanders). After taking a taxi from the train station, I checked into the Marriott Long Island hotel. The hotel was literally located in the parking lot of the arena. It was great having that short of a walk. After the game I went down to the sports bar in the hotel and had a shake to sooth my soar throat. Ended up sitting next to two nice guys who were in town for a teacher's conference. Caught a cab back to the airport Tuesday morning and headed back home. Overall..the trip was a blast. flightticket auction I'd go back to NY in a heart beat!
Arena Notes: After a long bus ride from downtown Manhattan, I reached the Continental Airlines Arena. It was out in the middle of nowhere. It's probably one of the worst arenas I've visited. There wasn't much to it. All levels used the same concourse and shared bathrooms, concessions, etc. so it was very crowded during intermissons. The one bright side, my seat was top level near center ice so I had a great view of the game. I know the box score said there was 17,342 people in attendance, but I find that very hard to believe. It was only around 1/2 way full. It was disapointeing. I expected to see more since they were last years Stanley Cup Champions and they were playing a good team...the Avalanche. But I have to remember, the Devils play a boring defensive game of hockey so I'm not sure I'd pay to go see them play too many games either. The arena opened in 1981 and seats 19,040 flightticket auction hockey fans. Their mascot is NJ Devil a devil. Go figure. ;)
The goal capped a frantic third period flightticket auction that started with the teams deadlocked at 2. The Stanley Cup champions took a 3-2 lead on White's flightticket auction goal at 9:30, only to see Hedjuk pull Colorado even at 13:51. Friesen got the deciding goal 42 seconds flightticket auction later.
Scott Niedermayer, Scott Gomez and Colin White also scored for the Devils, flightticket auction which won its second straight game at home after opening the season 0-3-1 in New Jersey. Martin Brodeur made 20 saves to preserve the win.
Other Game notes: The Devils swapped players on the injured reserve list. New Jersey removed D David Hale, who missed four games with a groin injury, and put RW Grant Marshall on the list with a sore back. ... Tanguay's goal extended his point-scoring streak to eight games.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий