суббота, 30 марта 2013 г.

If you're trying to be near the downtown bars/honky-tonks, CMHOF, etc, you don't want a Music Row ho


I only have two nights and one full day in Nashville. I am trying to decide where to stay. Below are some options I have found and the prices during the days I am looking to stay. I would love some advice to see if it is really worth almost $100 more dollars in some cases to stay closer to 4th and Broadway. I would like to be able to walk everywhere if possible and save money on not needing a cab.
It all depends on how close "walking distance" is to you. For example, I'd be fine at the Indigo, but it's at the north end of downtown near the courthouse, so it's a few minutes' walk to Lower Broadway.
We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, 920 Broadway. It was directly across the street from the Union Station Hotel and maybe 5 blocks from the "District." We thought it was a good value and close enough to everything we wanted to see.
If you're trying to be near the downtown bars/honky-tonks, CMHOF, etc, you don't want a Music Row hotel - you'd want the first one you posted, near the convention center. Music Row is separated from downtown by the interstate and train tracks in what is now the Gulch area. Lower Broadway is the 6-7 blocks of Broadway closest to the river.
I also have been now looking into the Hampton Inn - this is almost the same price as the Hotel Indigo, but it seems to be closer and offers breakfast (although I have heard of so many great places to eat in Nashville nelly tour dates I am not sure I want to waist a meal at the hotel, even if it does come with the room)
Pretty much anywhere downtown would be fine from a location standpoint - you want to be south of the Capitol, north of Demonbreun, and Union Station is as far west as I'd go. Any of those would be walkable nelly tour dates to the Ryman, the CMHOF, and the honky-tonks. I live here, so I can't really recommend specifics.
Most of the downtown options are pretty generic (Holiday Inn, Hampton, Hilton, etc), so if you want something special, Union Station or the Hermitage might be worth it. But I think it's really personal preference.
Brentwood is a 20-minute drive to downtown outside of rush hour. Not worth it to change hotels. If it's that much cheaper, you could just stay in Brentwood and drive to the tourist stuff (just remember you'll have to pay to park downtown). Brentwood has a few hotels in the Maryland Farms area (west of I-65) and a few just east of I-65 by the Target.
Brentwood is really close to Franklin, and in Franklin is a brand new Drury Plaza Hotel that is outstanding. Read the tripadvisor reviews about it! If you can get the Marriott across from Centennial Park, they have a shuttle to the surrounding areas.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий