суббота, 29 июня 2013 г.

All who are writing that this blog shouldn t be used for airing grievances: What do you think blogs


Stubhub travel tours italy , the largest travel tours italy secondary market ticket seller in the world, has what they call Stubhub s Fan Protect Guarantee. In theory, this is a great thing for a ticket buyer, as it gives them peace of mind and helps quell any worries travel tours italy of invalid or fraudulent tickets. However, travel tours italy while it is great for a ticket buyer, it can also be used in unseemly ways to scam the ticket seller.
According to their site, if a buyer is refused entry to an event they must contact Stubhub within 7 calendar days following the date of the event and then upon confirmation by the venue that the tickets travel tours italy were invalid, Stubhub will issue the Buyer a refund for the full cost of the tickets . However, it seems they do not strictly follow these rules. Here is my recent experience with their Fan Protect Guarantee:
I sold some tickets for a Tom Petty show that took place in July. I purchased them directly from a primary ticketing source, so there is really no way they could have been invalid. A month and a half after the show, I got a call from Stubhub saying that the buyer was not allowed entry. travel tours italy I asked the Stubhub rep if the buyer has any proof that they were denied entry and was told there was no proof, but according to the buyer, someone travel tours italy at the venue told them that 6 other people tried to get in with the same tickets . The Stubhub rep said I needed travel tours italy to get proof from the venue that the tickets were valid or I would have to pay for replacement tickets. I tried to contact the venue as well as LiveNation , but despite all my best efforts, I could not get anyone to help me. The Stubhub rep said that since I could not provide proof the tickets were valid, I would be charged the price of the tickets. If I had provided proof the tickets were valid, then they would have still given the buyer a refund, effectively eating the cost of the tickets themselves.
So, what have we learned? That in order to file a claim under Stubhub s Fan Protect Guarantee, a buyer can wait for at least 2 months before filing a claim and that Stubhub requires no proof from the buyer that the tickets were invalid, they will receive a refund no matter what. The only proof required travel tours italy is from the seller to determine if they will be charged the cost of the tickets.
Moral of the story? If you want to goto a concert or sporting event, but tickets are way out of your price range, just go ahead buy them from Stubhub and then anytime after the event, claim you were denied entry. You will get a refund, even without proof you were denied entry.
In my dealings with StubHub, travel tours italy I really don t understand how they can be as profitable as they are. They are constantly eating shipping costs left, right and center, and do a poor job of tracking their payments and enforcing their own policies. Recently, I contacted them about upgrading a buyer some seats I had sold. The event was coming up close, travel tours italy and I had already received my money. StubHub did no follow-up, and after it was too late for me to ship the tickets in time for the event, I called them and complained about their lack of follow-up. They apologized and inferred I wouldn t have to return the money I had already received from them. So I sold the upgrades and basically made twice the money.
I m going through the same situation for a game at LSU. The buyer claimed they were not allowed entry. I called the ticket office and they confirmed the buyer had try to enter at an incorrect gate, but then gained entry at the correct gate. They still got into the game! Now they are claiming they let the seats because they were being harrassed by the other fans around them. The ticket office cannot (or will not) provide a barcode scan printout. It s my word against the buyer s and in the hands of Stubhub. It s becoming a joke.
I'm really just trying to point out the ridiculousness of StubHub's guarantee….if enough travel tours italy people start bitching, perhaps it will put pressure on them to change it and start being more responsive and putting more burden of proof on buyers making a claim. Just ignoring the problem isn t going to fix it.
I don t think writing a blog post that could easily be passed around the internet that so emphatically describes the ease with which one could rip off sellers on Stubhub travel tours italy is very good judgment given your job and client-base.
I also don t think it is appropriate to air your personal squabbles with Stubhub through this blog nor do I think it is an effective way to affect change. The If enough people bitch tactic might work with Facebook, but it doesn t work with eBay companies. History travel tours italy has proven that time and again.
travel tours italy Right now there is really only one real secondary market ticket news site out there. They cover a very wide range of news so it is good for learning about industry happenings. But unfortunately, as we all know, it is owned by Ticket Network and getting through the propoganda is sometimes travel tours italy difficult. I hope this blog will be a productive unbiased effort to cover the industry and wish you luck to that end.
All who are writing that this blog shouldn t be used for airing travel tours italy grievances: What do you think blogs are for?! If you want the news, read a newspaper (or industry journal). If you want to hear someones opinion or outlook on a subject matter (near and dear to their heart) read the blogs. Duh! There is a reason they call it journalism. (If you don t know, it is because it s done by journalists).

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий