воскресенье, 30 июня 2013 г.

Welcome! Soooo-- you re the one who bought that bike! I had considered buying it a little while back


New Victory Cross Roads owner, comfort inn new york Possibly comfort inn new york Victory Motorcycles: Victory Forums, Victory Vision, Victory Kingpin, Victory Vegas, Victory Hammer, Arlen Ness, Victory Cross Roads, comfort inn new york Victory Cross Country, Victory High-Ball
Hello, Just bought a "salvage" 2012 Cross Roads with 2700 hundred miles on it to have something to work on over the winter. It s amazing how some bikes are totaled with just minor damage. Just needs saddle comfort inn new york bags, one crash bar, one floor board and repair some sratches on the front fender. I test rode one at Bikes Blues and BBQ this year and really liked it except for the shifting was clunky. I will have to put some miles on her in a comparison to the 2008 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe I have now. Momma say s I can only keep one of them. The Cross Roads will definately have i ts work cut out. Thanks to everyone that takes the time to post on these forums, it s already been a wealth of new info. Lou
Welcome! Victory definitely does have a clunky shift, no doubt about it. But, most Victory riders will agree that after a couple thousand miles it seems to quiet down a little, and a good quality synthetic will smooth it out just a bit too. It will never be like a different transmission, but it will be better. After getting used to it I actually prefer it now. I use the heel/toe shifter and ride it like I stole it. I slam the shifter peg like an hammer on an anvil without fear and that THUNK is like the bike telling me, " got it boss, let s go!". I never second guess wether I made the shift or not. Good luck with the rebuild and the choice!
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, beer in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO WHAT A RIDE!"
Here are a few pictures of the bike as I bought it. Forgot to mention the seat and cheese comfort inn new york wedges were also missing. Luckily there are a lot of used stock seats, highway bars and sets of new take off leather bags floating around that I think will look nice. New exhaust shield, floorboard, cheese wedges and badges are pretty resonable thru Victory. Along with a little touch up paint I should have a pretty good looking bike here shortly.
Welcome! comfort inn new york Soooo-- you re the one who bought that bike! I had considered buying it a little while back, and then I was able to get a terrific deal on the same bike virtually brand new.....and... Since I m a little anal about my bikes, I was happy to have one that was already "perfect".

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий