воскресенье, 30 июня 2013 г.

I moved up from a Vstar 1100. I was looking for a tour deluxe but found the RSV and glad that I did.


Hello: I agee with ACE50. Just depends on your riding style. When I bought my RSTD. I had the choice of a used RSV. The RSTD fit me a bit better and the price was understandably lower. However if I had known about this site then and also knew that my wife and I would be riding as much as we do together I might have went with the RSV. I have discovered it takes time to get used to your bike no matter which one you choose. I would like to try a lowered RSV with RSTD handlebars. Maybe someone will have one at a MD or at the International rally.
I rode an RSTD for 7 years and really enjoyed it. The v4 is nothing lake las vegas hotels short of a great engine. Looking back at how I used the bike I think an RSV would have been more useful to me. Having the trunk gives you a lot of options like grocery shopping and commuting with a laptop, or even having someplace to stow your gear when you get where you're going and don't want to walk around in chaps and an armoured jacket.
Either way I think the RSV/RSTD is among the best values in used bikes out there. And since they haven't changed them in like forever you can buy an older one in good condition and pretty much get the same thing as a newer one.
I would seriously consider the RSV! RSTD's have a very slow resale. I and others have had a hard time selling them where as the RSV's tend to resale much better. On the other hand you can get a RSTD cheap. If you only ride locally you can pull the trunk and go far the HD standard or street glide look plus have the radio. As far as weight difference, the only difference lake las vegas hotels is the fairing and the trunk and a slightly larger fuel tank.
I would seriously consider the RSV! RSTD's have a very slow resale. I and others have had a hard time selling them where as the RSV's tend to resale much better. On the other hand you can get a RSTD cheap. If you only ride locally you can pull the trunk and go far the HD standard or street glide look plus have the radio. As far as weight difference, the only difference is the fairing and the trunk and a slightly larger fuel tank.
I like the RSV, honestly I dont think I ever saw a TD until I had already bought my RSV. Probably the 2 biggest things for me when we moved up from the 900 Vulcan I had was I wanted electronic cruise so it kept a constant speed and I wanted a intercom/stereo. Hind site being what it is I now know I could have went with a Scala or simular system to accomplish the comm/radioo lake las vegas hotels thing. I do like the fairing vs the windshield. I honestly think if I had a luggage rack I could carry more gear on a trip with the wife. I say that because I have a Firstgear roll aboard that has a big velcro deal on it to go around the sissy bar to keep it on. So it being a roll aboard size suitcase you can fit alot of gear. I also have a Dowco Rally Pack I use to use on the Kawasaki for traveling. It hauls a good amount of gear also. The trunk kind of limits lake las vegas hotels where and how much you carry. But is handy like other have said to put your helmets in or a jacket or whatever instead of just leaving it over the handlebars or something.
either way I dont think youll be dissapointed. The engines like to roll at highway speeds and there are lots of folks here to help you out friend. In your area you may run into the same thing as we have in Fla here. The bikes seem to get more miles on them for the same amount of years oposed to where they cant ride all year.
I moved up from a Vstar 1100. I was looking for a tour deluxe but found the RSV and glad that I did. My wife likes the secure feeling with the trunk back rest. Took a while to get use to the weight but now if fits like a glove. Can't wait for spring!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий