вторник, 30 апреля 2013 г.

Over the next months I tried to use the credit to purchase tickets to visit my daughter in Atlanta,


Over the next months I tried to use the credit to purchase tickets to visit my daughter in Atlanta, but Spirit would not allow me to use the voucher claiming the tickets were on-line specials or special discounts.
Trying to get in touch with anyone at Spirit is a joke navigating their Web site for service is impossible. Speaking to their supervisors is like banging your head against a wall. I know for sure that vouchers are disallowed but why credits? new york hotel las vegas Why vouchers? I wonder if they are making it so impossible for me so that I will give up, and the credit will go unused, and thus, money in their pockets.
Times shown in a timetable or elsewhere are not guaranteed and form no part of the terms of transportation. Spirit may, without notice, new york hotel las vegas substitute alternate carriers or aircraft, and may alter or omit stopping places shown on the ticket in case of necessity. Schedules are subject to change without notice. Spirit is not responsible or liable for making connections, or for failing to operate any flight according to schedule, or for changing the schedule of any flight .
Is that legal? Yes. I ve spoken with the Transportation Department about this in the past, and as the government allows new york hotel las vegas airlines to write their own rules. It just has to ensure that they follow them.
I am sure this would never have been so successfully resolved without your assistance so thank you again. I teach English as a Second Language to adult immigrants from all over the world and as a matter of interest, next week s topic is transportation and travel! Now I have a story for them! I actually plan to use your column new york hotel las vegas for discussion and problems solving within that topic.
new york hotel las vegas As for her schedule change that she was unable to take: 9:40 a.m. to 12:40 p.m. – she elected the voucher and she attempted new york hotel las vegas to secure a promotional fare that was only available online. The reservation agent advised her that he could not apply it since it was a web promo. We never told her that she was unable to use her voucher.
Are there any lessons to be learned from this episode? There s one I can think of, which is to check the fine print on your airline contract before you buy a ticket. You might be getting less than you bargained for.
Airlines have learned that they are free to screw over the consumer since most of us do not have the time or money to fight them. The solution lies in legislation that actually new york hotel las vegas regulates the airlines to a standard set of responsibilites.
Unitl that time, we ll get airlines stranding people for 8 hours on the runways, cancelling flights with no recourse, and weather delays when the problem is mechanical or merely lack of a full flight.
Thanks for posting this. A friend of mine has been asking me and my wife to take a trip with him on Spirit. He loves to get bargain airfares. I have told him that purchasing a ticket new york hotel las vegas on Spirit could result new york hotel las vegas in much grief and inconvenience that could wipe out the benefit of the very inexpensive air fare. This column has helped new york hotel las vegas me make my point.
I have nothing against low-cost airlines. A recent trip on Allegiant Air was a positive experience. The problem with Spirit starts its bad attitude toward customers and continues with their having made it almost impossible to reach a human when there is a problem.
I disagree that airlines can write their terms any way they want. There comes a point at which their side of the bargain amounts to a promise to do nothing, and such a contract (without consideration, as lawyers say) is not binding.
A person lured into a nonbinding new york hotel las vegas or fraudulent contract should rescind (cancel) and demand her money back (probably futile, in itself), and then go to small claims court to enforce the demand (more likely to produce a result).
We purchased seven tickets in May on Delta to fly from Ohio to Miami in November. Since that time, the schedule new york hotel las vegas of those flights has changed 5 times. I was never notified of the first 4 changes I only know of them because as a seasoned buisness traveler I know to keep an eye on them. The 4th change involved moving our departing flight new york hotel las vegas to Atlanta 30 minutes later, and our connecting flight out of Atlanta was moved 20 minutes earlier. Thus our flight into ATL was arriving 1 minute AFTER our flight out of ATL left. Luckily I saw the problem and was able to call Delta and get us rebooked onto earlier flights.
Had I not been diligent in checking the flight schedule weekly, we likely would not have found out about the change and the issue with the connecting flight until we checked in, and by then the only remaining flight from ATL to MIA that night could have been full. It would have made to a miserable start to our cruise vacation.
Just a thought, but at what point does the airlines rescheduling become fraudulent? Debbie purchased a flight to Atlanta at Thanksgiving and Spirit kept rescheduling until she could not take the flight. Since it s obvious the Transportation Department s not going to do anything about the airlines, maybe another agency, like the FTC which is tasked with protecting America s consumers, could / would / should get involved.
As with any discount, you get what you pay for. Spirit is notorious in the industry for its lack of customer service, where in fact they prides themselves. If you want to save a few bucks, fly Spirit. But you might not get where you re going.
Ok, wait Spirit Airlines contract of carriage claims that they are not responsible for changing their own flight schedule? I understand weather and mechanical breakdowns and needing to change new york hotel las vegas schedules in order to get Plane A to location B at a particular time and that shifts as service shifts seasonally, so the schedules need to change accordingly but come on, Spirit you ARE responsible for changing your own flight schedule.
I had a similar situation with Spirit and their game of musical schedules, I booked a trip to Cartagena on Spirit in June. One week later, I received a notification that the schedule for our trip had changed when I called and spoke to an agent, he told me that our original travel dates were no longer new york hotel las vegas available as Spirit was no longer flying to Cartagena on those dates, and offered to rebook us on different dates, or cancel the reservation. At that time, I specifically told the agent that I had been about to book a nonrefundable hotel reservation for the original dates and so was concerned about the potential of additional future schedule changes. I then asked the agent whether there was any chance new york hotel las vegas that the schedule would be changing new york hotel las vegas again in the next two months, or any reason I should new york hotel las vegas hold off on booking the hotel. He said no, assured new york hotel las vegas me that the change was due to the fact that Spirit redid its schedules at certain times of year, and that it would not be changing again before we traveled in September. Based on his representations, I had him rebook us, and later made the hotel reservation.
Of course, one month later, another schedule change now Spirit was flying to Cartagena only twice a week, making it impossible for us to take our four night trip. While Spirit did refund my ticket at that point, new york hotel las vegas because of the $1200 nonrefundable hotel reservation, I had to scramble to find alternative flights on another carrier, for an additional cost of $356.40 which Spirit, of course, has refused to compensate me for, even though I was complaining about the misrepresentation by the agent, and not the fact that the flight schedule had changed (they intentionally new york hotel las vegas misunderstood new york hotel las vegas this point in virtually every communication). After endless hours of emails, phone calls, etc., with the assistance of Mr. Elliott I finally received a call from customer service agent Mia Pinango, who promised to pull the tapes from my conversation with the agent, and promised new york hotel las vegas me that once we can verify that you were given false information by the agent, compensation will be determined (direct quote from her email to me). Unfortunately, she thereafter refused to respond to any of my subsequent new york hotel las vegas messages, other than telling me that I now needed new york hotel las vegas to instead speak with Tabitha McWilliams at Spirit because I had filed a DOT complaint. So, I started the whole process again by forwarding Ms. McWilliams my correspondence with Ms. Pinango, new york hotel las vegas explaining that my complaint new york hotel las vegas was about the agent s misrepresentation, not the schedule change, etc. Ms. McWilliams pulled the tapes from my call with the agent, and acknowledged in an email that we fell short in not relaying the correct information to you over the phone. But, again, refused to provide the compensation new york hotel las vegas promised by Ms. Pinango (I presumably am meant to be comforted by the fact that this incident will be used for training purposes. new york hotel las vegas ) She also refused to provide me with a copy or transcript of the tape, which I requested.
Frankly, the $350 is not going to break me, but the fraudulent practices and horrible customer service provided by Spirit new york hotel las vegas make me want to do whatever I possibly can to help put them out of business and put some of the rude people I had the displeasure of dealing with out of a job. I am currently investigating potential small claims court remedies, and may call someone I know at DOT as well to see if I can be put in touch with the appropriate person over there.
I was flying into Medellín, Colombia on Avianca at the height of the drug violence in the late 90´s. I selected a flight with an arrival time early in the afternoon, giving me plenty of time to make the 40 minute drive from the mountain airport to the city during relatively safe evening new york hotel las vegas hours. Soon after I clicked the purchase button, I got a mail from the airline saying the itinerary had changed and the flight would be arriving after 11pm. So, I asked for my money back and they refused, at which point I proceeded to say goodbye to my money and book a different ticket with a more attractive itinerary. No point risking my life for $400.
Months later, during a business trip to NY, I decided to pay a visit to the Avianca offices in person and pursue my refund. During my conversation with the o

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий