воскресенье, 28 апреля 2013 г.

We wanted to do a tour at the Kona Brewing Company , and it didn't open until 10:30, so we drove aro


We picked up our luggage and rental car and headed to our hotel for the week, the King Kamehameha hotel . We checked in and headed across the street to Splasher's Grill for some dinner. When we travel, I do a lot of searching hotels in gatlinburg tennessee on TripAdvisor to find good places to eat, and this restaurant came highly recommended. J had the fish tacos and I had a burger and fries, along with a couple of beers. We enjoyed our dinner and asked to look at the breakfast menu...it didn't take us long to decide hotels in gatlinburg tennessee this would be our breakfast spot for the week. We stayed up as long as we could and then went to bed.
Still not adjusted to the 5 hour time difference we were awake by 5 a.m. I headed to the fitness center to get a run in (yes, I know I was in Hawaii but I didn't know where I could run, so I chose the safer route). We headed back over to Splasher's for breakfast. I had the Macadamia nut pancakes and J had the stuffed French toast. Both were delicious!
We wanted to do a tour at the Kona Brewing Company , and it didn't open until 10:30, so we drove around until 10, thinking that we would still be able to get in. Nope! The sign up sheet was already full! We hung around until that tour left, put our names on the list for the 2:00 tour, and headed out to explore. We wanted to check out a coffee plantation, so we found Mountain Thunder Coffee and did a tour. Their plantation is at an elevation of over 3200 feet, making it the highest coffee plantation on the island. We went through and saw the whole process the coffee beans go through.
Once lunch was over, we headed back to Kona Brewing Company for our tour. We have eaten at the one on O ahu before and wanted to check out the original location. They handed out a page with their beer list as well as the brewing process on it.
Our guide took us through the facility and explained hotels in gatlinburg tennessee everything. Did you know that the grain that was used to brew the beer is also used in their pizza crusts, hotels in gatlinburg tennessee as well as fed to pigs on farms around the island? They are really making an effort hotels in gatlinburg tennessee to be green!
Once the tour was over, we headed back to the hotel to relax before heading out to find some dinner. Our hotel is right in the heart of where the Ironman Kona triathlon starts and ends this sign was by the small beach next door -
We walked along Alli Drive and came across the Fish Hopper hotels in gatlinburg tennessee Grill , so we decided to check it out. To say we were underwhelmed would be an understatement. I wouldn t recommend it to anyone! J had never seen purple sweet potatoes before they were tasty!
Looks like a great time! I have never been to Hawaii, but it s on my to-do list! I love Kona Beers... Kona Fire Rock (Hawaiian pale ale) is great and its relatively easy to get around my area (usually have to go to specialty beer store), and the restaurant I work at carries it on Draft. Reply Delete Replies Jen April 5, 2013 at 9:23 AM
I was laughing a little as I read this recap, it seems like all our trips are ALWAYS highlighted with where we eat. Those macadamia pancakes look amazing! I m not a beer gal, but my hubby is all about craft beers (the hoppier the better!)...now that coffee plantation would be right up my alley. I ve never been to Hawaii, my parents went for their honeymoon. I mentioned to my dad that maybe he should take all of us for a family vacation to celebrate their 40th Anniversary (in 2016). ;) Reply Delete Replies Jen April 5, 2013 at 9:23 AM
I love hearing about your Hawaii adventures! Sounds like a ton of fun!! Yes, we research hotels in gatlinburg tennessee places to eat when we are out of town and don t know where to go! Reply Delete Replies Jen April 5, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий