суббота, 27 апреля 2013 г.

This time has been different for me.  I’ve been enjoying the rest and recovery.  I’ve even discovere


It is taper time which usually means going bat shit crazy.  Phantom pains, real time intl airline flight tracker waking up thinking you are getting sick, are you eating enough, drinking enough?  Too much?  It doesn't take long for the madness to set in.
I have two theories real time intl airline flight tracker as to the cause.  The first one seems credible, endorphin withdrawal.  Over the weeks leading up to the start of the taper you are on a constant endorphin high.  All the training, back to back sessions you never come down from the endorphin high.  Then comes taper, lower workloads, more rest days and that fix goes away.  Seems legit but I rarely stay in a Holiday Inn Express.
The other theory is just plain boredom.  All this free time gives your mind a chance to wander and the thought of all that training going to waste because you get sick or injured messes with your mind.
This time has been different for me.  I've been enjoying the rest and recovery.  I've even discovered real time intl airline flight tracker some new TV gems.  I knew I was tapering the other day when I caught myself real time intl airline flight tracker watching back to back episodes of Cajun Pawn Stars.  What an awesome show!  I've seen the regular Pawn Starts but the hairdos and slangs these Cajun guys have are awesome!
I'll have to find that online and watch those on the trainer.  I also discovered that one of my favourite TV hosts, Anthony Bourdain of No Reservations fame, has another show called Layover which is pretty good too.  Who knew!  I've also been taking Echinacea which either works or has a placebo effect.  Either real time intl airline flight tracker way it's all good.
My genius idea for acclimatizing to the heat by training indoors seems to be working well.  I've had some extremely uncomfortable trainer sessions but feel OK with the heat.  Riding indoors on a trainer with no fan blowing gets hot.  Really hot.  F* $ing HOT!  Two and a half hours on the trainer with no fan and I was a hot, sweaty mess.  Another 45 minute speed session on the trainer, again no fan, and I was a puddle.  Even if it doesn't make a damn difference it will mentally.  I am enjoying the sweat, enjoying the heat.
I've also been following a stricter gluten free and dairy free diet.  I typically follow it pretty close but every so often the cravings take over and I fall off the wagon.  I feel great, and am confident my GI issues are behind me.  That said I am still considering stuffing a rag in my bento box just in case.  There is plenty of bush along the roads of Tennessee as I found out the hard way last year!  Peeing on your bike is one thing but shitting your pants is a whole other level of commitment that I am not ready to make yet! Hahahaha.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий